Canadian Grand Prix 2016, Montréal - Race 7/21

smr

smr

Soldato
The restrictions on the engine designs are the same as before, they are getting tighter and tighter each year towards a 2020 freeze.

They are dropping the token system, so rather than having to chose which parts you are going to develop you can develop evey bit your allowed to develop, but what you are allowed to develop is still restricted.

that's what i am talking about - they still have the capacity to radically change the engine layout etc. when the tokens are dropped which can place a huge change on performance, where the turbos located, size of the compressor etc. basically all the teams know already what's in the merc engine / pus and making it tick, but with this stupid token system they can't replicate it.

smr

smr

Soldato
alll this hype about rain as well, completely dry race.

maybe for baku if we keep saying its gonna be a bone dry track there'll probably be a monsoon.

Caporegime
that's what i am talking about - they still have the capacity to radically change the engine layout etc. when the tokens are dropped which can place a huge change on performance, where the turbos located, size of the compressor etc. basically all the teams know already what's in the merc engine / pus and making it tick, but with this stupid token system they can't replicate it.

I was about to head off and grab the engine rules to discuss, but the last time I revealed that I actually read the F1 rules on here I was ridiculed. So I won't bother and I will leave you all to you evening.

But I will say that anyone who thinks Honda will be able to perform a miracle turn around next year is kidding themselves, including Ron. 2 years in and they don't have either reliability or performance.

Man of Honour
I was about to head off and grab the engine rules to discuss, but the last time I revealed that I actually read the F1 rules on here I was ridiculed. So I won't bother and I will leave you all to you evening.

*Looks at folders on the shelf behind him*

Ummm..... Oh dear... best not reveal that.

Man of Honour
Wow.... Dean Stoneman won the Indy lights race in Indy by 0.0024s :eek:

But it's absolutely hissing it down at Texas, so the Indy race is suspended after lap 71. It started... but they don't race in the wet.

Josef Newgarden has gone headfirst into the wall and has been taken to hospital. :eek:

Holy crap!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Wow.... Dean Stoneman won the Indy lights race in Indy by 0.0024s :eek:

But it's absolutely hissing it down at Texas, so the Indy race is suspended after lap 71. It started... but they don't race in the wet.

Josef Newgarden has gone headfirst into the wall and has been taken to hospital. :eek:

Holy crap!

[youtubepJ1zj_e9w8g[/youtube]

Horrendous crash, can't be good. He is even dragged along the track as the side of the car had gone :(

Back
Top Bottom