** NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 900 SERIES PRICE DROP!! **

Deleted member 2277

D

Deleted member 2277

I don't get it, the 1070 is cheaper and faster so why would anyone buy a 980TI for £400+ unless it's for SLI.

Associate
Lol, this pricing is so good... it's pointless to buy a 1070 now. Just buy a brand new £400 980ti or a cheaper used one lol. The only exception is the GTX 960 which to me looks like the same price it's always been. Of course, this is nothing to do with Nvidia, they haven't dropped 960 prices yet due to RX 480 not launching yet.

This might be a good time to get a 2nd card for SLI...

Soldato
Lol, this pricing is so good... it's pointless to buy a 1070 now. Just buy a brand new £400 980ti or a cheaper used one lol. The only exception is the GTX 960 which to me looks like the same price it's always been. Of course, this is nothing to do with Nvidia, they haven't dropped 960 prices yet due to RX 480 not launching yet.

This might be a good time to get a 2nd card for SLI...

But why would you buy a new 980Ti for £400 when you can buy a new 1070 for £375-400?? 2nd hand values aren't much below that at the moment, need to get closer to £300 before that argument becomes valid. VERY few people are going to upgrading to a 980Ti now... poor gamers will have much smaller budgets that still precludes the 980Ti anyway, and the majority upgrading from a lower end card will buy a 1070 or 1080 because that's just the way it works. Loads of people won't touch 2nd hand. Even those buying for SLI is going to be a small proportion as SLI gamers are a minority... and again, one could argue that mentality lends itself to new shiny and max performance, so those guys will be hankering after a 1080 SLI set-up anyway, if they can afford it, or just holding fire until the 1080Ti breaks cover.

The bargain here is the 970... still a great card for 1080p, and even SLI is going to appeal at those prices.

Last edited:
Associate
I need moar monies! 3x 980Ti Classifieds would do nicely and I could play Farm Simulator in 4k all the time :(

Stop it with yer shiny deals and such like, I always feel sorry for old cards, this is how you get me!

JR

Soldato
But why would you buy a new 980Ti for £400 when you can buy a new 1070 for £375-400??
The bargain here is the 970... still a great card for 1080p, and even SLI is going to appeal at those prices.

Its already been proved people cant wait for the new shiny hence the FE's selling like hotcakes.

The 1070 breaks free, its only the blower available with custom ones like rocking horse pap and there sits the nice shiny 980ti's with their warranty. All custom cooled and waiting for someone to hit buy me now. So people waiting for the custom cooled 1070 find out they cant buy one now. OCUK lower the 980ti price just enough not to do them out of pocket but to tempt the 1070 crowd.
It comes down to wait for x number of weeks for a 1070 or buy a 980ti now, with warranty, custome cooled, and same performance as a 1070.

You can now see why people would buy the 980ti. This however will change once the 1070 hits plenty of stuck and it will shift the other way till it gets to the point the 980ti is reduced a bit more, expect another fiver off in the future ;)

Associate
You can now see why people would buy the 980ti. This however will change once the 1070 hits plenty of stuck and it will shift the other way till it gets to the point the 980ti is reduced a bit more, expect another fiver off in the future ;)

1070 outperforms a 980 ti by at least 10 percent It has newer technology and is still cheaper then a 980ti even after the price-cut. I cannot find one reason to buy a 980ti ... Other then the odd person who wants to SLI and don't want a second hand one or has no patience waiting a couple of days.

Associate
Think I'll wait to see what the RX480 benchmark is at the end of this month, sounds like it's going to be around the 980 benchmark for 2/3 of the price.

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

THIS WEEK ONLY is active:
980Ti from £389.99
980 from £299.99
970 from £214.99
960 from £139.99

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!! :D :D :D :D :D

OcUK Staff
OP
Fixed ;););)

pls? :p

You know if the pound got stronger and once stock was improved that would be possible, but with the UK now looking like it could leave the EU well it is never going to happen, prices will only go up, the pound has weakened every day over the past week. Our landed cost are going higher and higher. :(

We need to stay in the EU, because then nothing changes and the pound will strengthen.

If we leave EU the GBP will crash, recession could happen and the benefits may not come for a long time if at all.

It is nothing short of a disaster! :(

Soldato
You know if the pound got stronger and once stock was improved that would be possible, but with the UK now looking like it could leave the EU well it is never going to happen, prices will only go up, the pound has weakened every day over the past week. Our landed cost are going higher and higher. :(

We need to stay in the EU, because then nothing changes and the pound will strengthen.

If we leave EU the GBP will crash, recession could happen and the benefits may not come for a long time if at all.

It is nothing short of a disaster! :(

I've been concerned this might be the case if Brexit goes ahead, if people don't like the price of the 1080 now, wait till the pound drops in value by 25%, a 1080 might be upto £800 :eek:

OcUK Staff
OP
I've been concerned this might be the case if Brexit goes ahead, if people don't like the price of the 1080 now, wait till the pound drops in value by 25%, a 1080 might be upto £800 :eek:

If would impact nearly all PC components dramatically as they are all purchased in USD from far east and USA. :(

Back
Top Bottom