• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

1080 Strix date changed again.......

Soldato
Seem to have been a lot of delays. What is the official launch date of the 1080? If there aren't enough cards to sell doesn't that really class as a paper launch or is 1, 10 or 100 cards enough to count as a hard launch?

OcUK Staff
We have stock incoming tomorrow, but for back orders only and only 10 units. Our ETA is more reflective of when we might be closer to clearing backorders. But deliveries are now happening almost daily. :)

Associate
We have stock incoming tomorrow, but for back orders only and only 10 units. Our ETA is more reflective of when we might be closer to clearing backorders. But deliveries are now happening almost daily. :)

Ah, fair enough! Fingers crossed one heading my way....

Associate
OP

Awesome, hopefully i will get it before 1st of July, can't be that many going out though because i was #70 in the queue a week and a half ago :)

Caporegime

10? Sounds like they're having trouble finding chips to meet their clock settings. I notice theres already another strix listed with lower clocks, wouldn't be surprised to see the higher clocked one vanish after a while.

Associate
BBOOOOOO! Asus pushed back the date to 1st July!! I know its not OC's fault but hope we get a freebie or something to say thank you for waiting over an MONTH. Free Game Code or something
ill be happy with free next day delivery Monday - Sunday soon as they get in stock as i have delivery Saturday and if they come in Monday i have to wait till Saturday to get it

Last edited:
Soldato
Looks like we will be waiting a while then. I dont mind waiting but i must admit, the fact that it seems that ill be waiting over a month i start to wonder what sort of interest these companies make off all of our money as i have been fully paid up since day one. That takes the pee a little bit.

Associate
Pennies, if anything. Not that they are off me because I picked the Amazon Secure option which means they can't take my money until they are ready to dispatch.

But if they had, I still wouldn't complain because they're honouring my order at £40 off the price Asus belatedly realised they should be selling their gold dust cards for.

Back
Top Bottom