**** The Official OnePlus 3 Thread ****

Soldato
Decided to go for it. It arrived today. Nothing to compare it to but it looks ok I guess. Doing some system update at the moment.

If you have any questions etc. I'd be happy to answer, but I have no idea how to use these things.

Soldato
dont mind him, he just loathes OP

I only loathe the software and customer support. If they can get that right, then I would happily buy another. I love the specs and overall design of all their products but once burned, twice shy as they say.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me

Associate
One 4 minute video on YouTube which shows him closing amd opening apps and recording it. Ok that really shows the oneplus 3 being beat lol what about design, materials used, software, camera, features etc....

The video is about memory usage and for some reason the OP3 gets stuck and is slower to complete the test.Daresay it may be fixed by OP but the other phone does beat it in the memory stakes despite having less ram.

Soldato
One 4 minute video on YouTube which shows him closing amd opening apps and recording it. Ok that really shows the oneplus 3 being beat lol what about design, materials used, software, camera, features etc....

I have a Max 1 and the build quality is way better then +3 and is up theer with the top phones.
And don't forget it's got a 2K screen vs +3 1080p one.

Soldato
^Add to above that most people can't tell the difference between a good quality 1080p screen and a 2K one.

Besides OP said they had sourced their screens from Samsung who make the best displays in the industry.

So the display on the OP3 shouldn't be sniffed at.

Associate
Received mine about mid day today and been putting it through its paces quite a bit. I have to say, im very impressed so far!.

Out of the box, it sat at 25% battery life.. plugged it in and within 28 mins it was at 90%. colour me chuffed!

as for performance, its replacing my 32gb samsung galaxy s6 and well..... ill just let some preliminary numbers do the talking:

6p6D9Bx.jpg

Associate
^ Seems to be a great phone if you're into benchmarks but outside of that it's showing issues with regards memory optimisation thus the reason users have been seeking the following fix:

Question is: what is battery life like after this fix?

not really a bench-marker myself either. just put it through a lot of different tests off the bat so see how much of a difference it would be between my old S6.

outside of bench-marking, the ONLY current issue of concern at present is the ram management. the fix works just perfect and even though this is my first day with the device, i haven't noticed the battery discharging faster than it did before i applied the fix via build prop editor.

its a very well rounded device performance wise, aesthetics, quality, and of course price. Wifi performance is very impressive with the range beating my s6 easily, LTE signal strength and performance both outclass the s6 too.

ill probably chuck up more stats and other thoughts once ive really run it into the ground but thus far?. loving it. Almost stock android with some very welcome additional settings topped it off too. :)

Back
Top Bottom