**** The Official OnePlus 3 Thread ****

Associate
Got mine today (a little concerned the postie left it in the unlocked porch but luckily it didn't go missing).

Haven't really had much time with it, but so far so good, screen seems very good, nice bright clear colours. Other than the phone being ultra slippery it seem very well built.

Just need to find a case and wait for my glass screen protector to arrive now (oh and get my SIM cut to fit!)

Soldato
When did you order mate? And what was your estimated delivery date?

Me and my dad both ordered one without telling each other. I ordered mine on Thursday 16th and it hasn't been sent yet (probably since I also have a cover and stuff). Estimated postage date is next Wednesday 22nd.

My dad ordered it ~24/48 hours before with no cover. Est. dispatch date was today (19th) but it arrived today. It was sent on the 16th. If you want the exact order date of my dad's order than tell me and I'll ask him.

Last edited:
Soldato
Me and my dad both ordered one without telling each other. I ordered mine on Thursday 16th and it hasn't been sent yet (probably since I also have a cover and stuff). Estimated postage date is next Wednesday 22nd.

My dad ordered it ~24/48 hours before with no cover. Est. dispatch date was today (19th) but it arrived today. It was sent on the 16th. If you want the exact order date of my dad's order than tell me and I'll ask him.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. Looks like I'll get it by the end of next week. Doh!

Soldato
Thanks for the info, much appreciated. Looks like I'll get it by the end of next week. Doh!

Shipping was to Malta, so shipping time might be a bit less for UK.

Charging is great. From 1% to 100% in exactly 59 minutes, and I was pretty much using the phone all the time (downloading stuff, messenger etc.) via WiFi. Brightness is set quite low since I am at home in a dark-ish room, but still very good.

Soldato
Received mine about mid day today and been putting it through its paces quite a bit. I have to say, im very impressed so far!.

Out of the box, it sat at 25% battery life.. plugged it in and within 28 mins it was at 90%. colour me chuffed!

as for performance, its replacing my 32gb samsung galaxy s6 and well..... ill just let some preliminary numbers do the talking:

pic[/QUOTE]
how did you get to use to size? S6 is great to use with 1 hand.

Soldato
I think this RAM bug is being blown out of all proportion. In day to day use, you probably won't notice it. Nobody can say they bought a OP3 thinking it would be bug free. If that's all that's wrong with it, they've done very well imho.

Associate
how did you get to use to size? S6 is great to use with 1 hand.

In all honesty, thanks to the bezels on the OP3 being really super slim, i didnt really feel a difference in size with the exception of the OP3 feeling thinner in the hand. (and a lot less slippy than the s6!).

Its only marginally bigger and still quite one handable :)

Associate
I think this RAM bug is being blown out of all proportion. In day to day use, you probably won't notice it. Nobody can say they bought a OP3 thinking it would be bug free. If that's all that's wrong with it, they've done very well imho.

At the moment, its only an issue for people that like to fast switch between multiple apps and heavily multitask.

It just seems to be griping most people just out of principle really.

It didnt faze me for the first couple of hours use at all but i applied the patch anyway for future use.

its no Bendgate or Antennagate, just something that will eventually get fixed and forgotten.

Associate
The main issue is that OnePlus went on about the 6GB of RAM just to deliberately limit the usefulness of it.
At the moment, its only an issue for people that like to fast switch between multiple apps and heavily multitask.

It just seems to be griping most people just out of principle really.

It didnt faze me for the first couple of hours use at all but i applied the patch anyway for future use.

its no Bendgate or Antennagate, just something that will eventually get fixed and forgotten.

Out of principle exactly. It's not a bug. According to the designer it's deliberate. In that case you ask: "Why would such a choice be "needed?"" Apparently it's so that the battery lasts longer. By that sense the battery size has deemed the amount of RAM useless, effectively shooting a unique selling point in the foot. Of course this could all have been remedied by having a bigger battery installed.

Nevertheless, I wouldn't expect more use of operational RAM to cost hardly anything electrically.

The designer seems pretty smug about telling consumers that applying the memory fix is only a small part of rectifying the 6GB issue.

Seems strange and makes me wonder what is really going.

Aside from that I actually want this phone more so than the others available right now.

Soldato
The main issue is that OnePlus went on about the 6GB of RAM just to deliberately limit the usefulness of it.

Out of principle exactly. It's not a bug. According to the designer it's deliberate. In that case you ask: "Why would such a choice be "needed?"" Apparently it's so that the battery lasts longer. By that sense the battery size has deemed the amount of RAM useless, effectively shooting a unique selling point in the foot. Of course this could all have been remedied by having a bigger battery installed.

Nevertheless, I wouldn't expect more use of operational RAM to cost hardly anything electrically.

The designer seems pretty smug about telling consumers that applying the memory fix is only a small part of rectifying the 6GB issue.

Seems strange and makes me wonder what is really going.

Aside from that I actually want this phone more so than the others available right now.

Can anyone explain what the RAM problem is please. Thanks.

Associate
Can anyone explain what the RAM problem is please. Thanks.
The OS limits the amount of RAM suspended apps can occupy. This may cause opened background apps to reload from storage.

In the real world it's not an actual problem to be honest. The limit is reasonable. This is why I believe Aikon359 is right in saying that people are annoyed about it out of principle:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYv8YQJbJaQ

No one is really going to use their phone in the way that it is used in the video. Under normal usage conditions just about nothing can touch the speed of this phone for the focussed app.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
i dont even know why you'd need that much open.

just ordered a 3 :D

bundles were out of stock, but got all the bits (spare charger, sandstone case, screen protector) minus the earphones separate for I think cheaper.

Soldato
OP
doubt it, they never did with the One at least. Especially as they probably want to sell you:

OnePlus 3 Tempered Glass Screen Protector £9.99

Back
Top Bottom