**** The Official OnePlus 3 Thread ****

Soldato
Nexus 6P is still a great phone, only let down by SD810.

If it was released a little later with SD820 it could have been a real contender this year.

Screen and camera quality should be better on the 6P.

It still is a contender this year. I don't think the SD820 would have given the 6P nothing over what it has at the moment. It doesn't even get hot like most SD810 devices (though the later devices all seemed to cope better with the 810 than the earlier ones).

It has front-facing speakers, as you said a better screen and in all likelihood a better camera (though the OnePlus 3 is much improved this time, I've not looked for direct comparisons with the 6P).

Associate
I expect it's because no one else bothers to do the full suite of colour accuracy tests that Anandtech does.

Of course, but the reviewer stated they couldn't bear to use the device based solely on the display, if it was that bad surely reviewers would have picked this up in general use since most use the device for week or so before writing reviews.

Seems off to me.

It still is a contender this year. I don't think the SD820 would have given the 6P nothing over what it has at the moment. It doesn't even get hot like most SD810 devices (though the later devices all seemed to cope better with the 810 than the earlier ones).

It has front-facing speakers, as you said a better screen and in all likelihood a better camera (though the OnePlus 3 is much improved this time, I've not looked for direct comparisons with the 6P).

I wouldn't buy any device using SD810, 6P battery life is no better than a Galaxy S6 which should say a lot.

Also I play a lot of games, so not interested in last years hardware, it would be no faster than what I'm currently using.

Last edited:
Don
Of course, but the reviewer stated they couldn't bear to use the device based solely on the display, if it was that bad surely reviewers would have picked this up in general use since most use the device for week or so before writing reviews.

In isolation I'm sure it looks fine. What he's complaining about is that the colours aren't accurate. If you do a lot of photography or are used to a calibrated display (say an S7 or an iPhone) then it's going to look odd.

I won't be buying it for sure based on that. I can't deal with inaccurately calibrated displays.

Associate
In isolation I'm sure it looks fine. What he's complaining about is that the colours aren't accurate. If you do a lot of photography or are used to a calibrated display (say an S7 or an iPhone) then it's going to look odd.

I won't be buying it for sure based on that. I can't deal with inaccurately calibrated displays.

You know you can pretty much guaranty a custom rom or flash-able fix/workaround for this from the community if true?

This is one of those phones you will only get the most of if you root, if you're not happy with that then you shouldn't buy this phone.

Soldato
OP
when mine arrives i'll compare it to my calibrated for photography monitor.

at the end of the day though, its a mobile phone. if you're really that bothered about colour accuracy on your photos you could always shoot in RAW and edit in post.

Soldato
The LG G4 had a badly calibrated display and I really disliked the way it displayed colours. My Nexus 6 was also too saturated and warm but luckily I had franco kernel let me adjust the screen.

The OP3 really has no excuse for being as bad as Anandtech says. I'll know soon enough.

Associate
All in all thus far, i have actually been quite pleased by the display colour wise. I know this gets said all the time but maybe anandtech received a unit with a slightly bum screen.

Resolution wise, its not superior to the 1440p screen on my S6 but in regards to colour accuracy, I do preffer the OP3.

Soldato
Does the phone come with a screen protector pre-installed?

Comes with a plastic transparent sticker. Not a screen protector really but ok if you are waiting for it to come in stock.

Anyone knows where I can get a cover apart from the official website? Doesn't have to be one of the official ones.

EDIT: Re-read the last page and I noticed people mentioned the screen protector already and the bad screen. Not sure I saw anything bad with the screen but as I always say, I have nothing to compare it to. One bad thing I did pick up is that it becomes quite hot under normal use (without a cover). Doesn't bother me really but I noticed it.

Last edited:
Soldato
My device arrived today. Liking it, but the different lockscreen and normal wallpapers are annoying me. Don't seem to make it easy to change unless you are using their own launcher :mad:

Using Vodafone SIM?
I chucked my voda sim in and simply couldn't get any data working. But found the device didn't update the APN. So I had to manually dig out the details and put them in.

Associate

Each to there own, am sure the comunity will fix the colour accuracy if indeed there is one :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Really interested in this as an upgrade from the OPO. But, will this be available in any other colour than Graphite eventually? I can't say that I'm a huge fan.

Soldato
OP
June 27 for me.

Suppose it could be worse, we could still be using the invite system.

yeah but the invites were to slow purchases down slightly to help with the small manufacturing quantities. if they don't have stock to meet the demand without invites then they may as well have used them again this time around..

ah well, not like my One is selling..

Soldato
looking to upgrade my oneplus 2 at the moment currently looking at

Oneplus 3
OPPO R7S
Xiamoi mi5
OPPO F1 plus
Elephone P9000

Anyone tried those above and which is best.

Back
Top Bottom