12k budget, 20k miles per year - Spec me

Soldato
[TW]Fox;28789189 said:
Whats up with those headlights?

They're attached to a rank looking* Merc.

*In all fairness, it's not much worse looking than the horrible 6 series BMW this forum generally seems to adore so much.

**I think it's the usual calcium (?) build-up on the headlights? Nothing a wet sand, polish and some elbow grease wouldn't fix. Or is it just condensation?

Last edited:

Jez

Jez

Caporegime

*In all fairness, it's not much worse looking than the horrible 6 series BMW this forum generally seems to adore so much.

**I think it's the usual calcium (?) build-up on the headlights? Nothing a wet sand, polish and some elbow grease wouldn't fix. Or is it just condensation?

I really like the 6 series and I also really like the CLS, both better looking better specified versions of the cars they are based on to me :)

The headlamps do look really cloudy on that one for some reason which seems surprising for a 2010

Soldato

Oi! Nothing wrong with the CLS :p

What's the rest of the spec thedazman67 - any options?

As for the headlights - can't tell if they're just dirty or actually cloudy (I had to polish mine a few months ago as they'd started to go bad but they looked a fair bit yellower than in that pic)

Associate
OP
The lights are fine in the flesh, the photo is poor :) My Golf GTI had done a 172k miles and wasn't in the best condition so I am more than happy with 2k.

Grand Editions are pretty well equipped as standard so it has

Bi-Xenon Headlights with active cornering
Command
Parktronic

Soldato
Would love one of these as my next car but repair costs do slightly put me off and the fact that petrol ones are quite hard to come by. The shape still holds up pretty well imo, the new ones look just a bit too aggressive, these have a more classy timeless feel to them.

Soldato
How long should this car last do you think? Are they reliable? I was planning on a 59 or 60 plate version but was worried about big bills or the think just dying on me!! For my (meagre) budget I might be able to squeeze a 60 plate with 110k miles - the interiors look new however so I assume they're good for another 100k!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Mine hasn't been the most reliable since I have had it. I have had to replace the following

Xenon HID bulb went replaced them both
Lower Ball joint needed replacing due to creaking
A Coil Spring snapped leaving me stranded 250 miles from home
My SRS light has now come on so that now need looking at.

The engine and gearbox however have been flawless thus far **touches wood**

Suspension components seems to be a weak area of this car. It's a great car perfect for effortless crusing down the motorway but it is by no means cheap to maintain or run in my view.

Daz

Back
Top Bottom