The EU Referendum: Polling Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
funny watching the OC numbers, it would appear the BREXIT lot like to get up later than those who want to remain, poll was 56 in 44 out earlier, as day goes on it's swinging the other way (Oh err)

Or maybe haven't had a chance to log on until lunch as busy working! Won't be voting until later this evening either

Associate
Which is exactly what they will do, until we abide by their rules.

Lets talk about a widely discussed topic as an example.

Our newly independent UK company, makes pillows. We aren't in the EU anymore, we can make pillows to any goddam spec we like, yay!

Except, in order for us to sell those pillows in Europe, they have to be European specification. Now are you going to make two specification pillows? No, you'll follow their rules.

That's just like children saying your not in our club you can't play with us, it's pathetic, the one thing this country has done throughout history is stand up to bullies. Stick two fingers up to the EU power hungry beurocrats and stand on our own two feet. 99% of the remain argument has been to do with the economy, except it is no longer just a "free trade zone" it has grown into a undemocratic political entity, if we were just voting on trade and economic reasons then it would be a totally different story. If people have such a hard on for Europe then go and move there

Soldato
Which seems odd. I thought all the public opposition for TTIP was coming from continental Europe. A win for Leave, with a right wing Tory government in charge, needing to sign new trade deals ASAP would jump on a TTIP-like deal with the US.

Yea, that doesn't make sense. Being in the EU is the less likely chance of getting a TTIP deal, the Tories are one of the few advocates of it and the EU on the whole seems against it.

So to Leave and give the Tories full control means it's more likely we would have a TTIP like deal...

It does make sense & for me the desperation of the tories to get TTIP through ASAP it's even more important to for us to retain control by leaving and having a say in the next general election.

Don't get me wrong, it's the single thing that's made me vote leave, the whole thing for me has been summed up perfectly by Jonathan Pie's Referendum special(which I can't link to as it's terribly foul mouthed). Youtube it doe.

Soldato
Tbf, anyone who thinks that the founder of the Tax Payers Alliance and other ideologically aligned Tories are crypto-communists, champing at the bit to unleash their horn of plenty on the NHS, is somewhat politically naive. Damascene conversions are rarely genuine!

Associate
Our population density is similar to Italys, dont tell me you think they are particularly densely populated :D

10000 people to move in on your street? LOL

It is closer to a family moving in on your road. You wouldn't notice it.

that's not as impluasable as it sounds 3700 mainly roma have crammed into eastwood rotherham since 2004 Rotherham Borough Council figures for 2012/13.
it's not a big area really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom