The EU Referendum: Polling Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Well , its certainly the last time I will ever bother to pay attention to a poll on overclockers, months and months of polls on here showing leave with a lead of several percent, then the day comes and suddenly the poll shows different to literally every single poll thread on here previously. Either a whole load of Remains just didnt bother with any of the previous threads, a whole lot of people changed their mind at the last minute, or a whole load of people who previously had polled they were going to vote leave were blowing in the wind.

Don
Why is everything so black and white with some of you? Anyone who votes for the other camp is an idiot......
Don't you think that there are good arguments on both sides of the fence and that people just weigh up what is more important to them?
It's not that the case for one way or another is absolutely irrefutable and thus anyone with sub-normal intelligence cannot see this.

I see both sides of the argument as both having merit. I choose to remain due to factors that affect me and my (half Polish, half English) family. That doesn't make me an idiot. It makes me pragmatic.

D13

D13

Associate
Important to note that, should we remain, we could still leave the EU in the future with another referendum. A leave vote is a lot more permanent than a remain vote.

Highly unlikely imo, a strong remain will be considered a mandate for further EU integration.

Internally I would expect a shift to the right as labour suffers the same consequences in England as it did post Scots referendum. Also in the next ge there will be no offer of a referendum, so Eurosceptics will only have Ukip to vote for.

Who knows, but thats how I see it playing out.

Man of Honour
Well , its certainly the last time I will ever bother to pay attention to a poll on overclockers, months and months of polls on here showing leave with a lead of several percent, then the day comes and suddenly the poll shows different to literally every single poll thread on here previously. .

They're sheep and fall for the fear tactics from the remain. Apparently if we leave, we'll be in a recession come 7am and we'll all be out of jobs

Associate
It's going to be close which ever way it goes. At most 60-40 split I think

Remain a member of the European Union 326 50.39%
Leave the European Union 321 49.61%

Soldato
Well , its certainly the last time I will ever bother to pay attention to a poll on overclockers, months and months of polls on here showing leave with a lead of several percent, then the day comes and suddenly the poll shows different to literally every single poll thread on here previously. Either a whole load of Remains just didnt bother with any of the previous threads, a whole lot of people changed their mind at the last minute, or a whole load of people who previously had polled they were going to vote leave were blowing in the wind.

You appear to be outraged that people have changed their mind on the internet? :D

Soldato

Yep bottling it at the last minute :D

Soldato
They're sheep and fall for the fear tactics from the remain. Apparently if we leave, we'll be in a recession come 7am and we'll all be out of jobs

The remain.

Are you guys seriously of the opinion that the Remain campaign has been the only one engaging in promoting fear based rhetoric in all this? You don't accept that Leave are guilty of the exact same tactics at all?

Soldato
The point to remember though is that without taking risks, we achieve nothing... so, the pound will dive if we vote to leave... great.. imports will be cheaper so your pay will go further and it may cause a push on inflation which in turn will create the stimulus the BoE has been unable to find... A short term nose dive in the economy could actually be just the shot in the arm we need to really start growing again..

Yeah, I'm afraid it's the other way around, the pound diving means that imports are more expensive and your pay goes less far :(

Man of Honour

It's probably a product of the other polls not having an undecided option and therefore many people are only making up their minds last minute. That was decision was intentional, to mirror the actual referendum question but does have this byproduct.

Caporegime
I hope all the people here will realise the amount of Brits leaving will also go down if we vote out, so net migration probably won't change much, nor will the strain on public services caused by decades of under investment.

There's nothing to say that a trade deal with the EU, whilst we are outside, would or wouldn't involve free movement of labour between Britain and the EU anyway.

It could just leave us in a weaker position.

Man of Honour
You appear to be outraged that people have changed their mind on the internet? :D

Not outraged as such, just surprised. Had all the previous thread polls flip flopped about, I could understand it more. But when you have half a dozen threads over the course of half a year all unanimously with the same result, its surprising to see a turn around when the time comes. But there we go, matters little to me really as I'm emigrating to Canada anyway, so not really any consequence to me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom