What watch do you wear?

Soldato
2me4nlf.jpg

I loved the look of these when they came out, finally saved up the cash and was really disappointed when I saw one again, the dial looked really busy.

I later realized they added a paragraph of text to the dial on the later ones. I've now picked up one of the original run and am happy as a pig in poop with it.

Lovely and light in titanium, clever sprung bracelet clasp and in my opinion a really handsome tool watch.

So is this one of the 2015 models with Tudor's own in house movement or is the previous model?

The reviews on the new 2015 model (such as this one) all show the 2015 model with a paragraph of text on the dial.

Associate
Indeed it is the first gen, It was supposed to be a stopgap on the way to a DSSD but I honestly can't see me parting with it.

A slightly better pic of it and the rest of my current mob, ....and jeezo that Steinhart OVM needs a new bezel fitted.

Tudor Pelagos
de3cc1.jpg

Steinhart GMT
li93k.jpg

Helson Sharkmaster 600
2rh4rva.jpg

Steinhart OVM
wrcl03.jpg

Associate
Needed a beater for going on holiday to a hot and steamy jungle area. After quite a bit of deliberation I finally stumped up for a H3 Tactical Carbon. £99 off the bay. (I'd post a link but I don't want to get banned for posting hot linked images)

Love the glow in the dark on this thing - T25 tubes are well bright enough.

The NATO strap was way too long so I did the old pound coin and lighter trick on it.

Keeper.

Soldato
Caporegime
New addition just in. Seiko SKX 007J.

Uk price of the Japanese made models has risen a bit lately. Managed to pick this up from a Singapore based retailer for £189.00 including delivery. Rubber strap is quite comfortable but a bit long. As soon as funds permit ill be swapping the rubber for a strapcode super oyster bracelet.

Caporegime
Setter what site did you get your 007 from
Link to the one i bought.

http://www.sports-watch-store.com/seiko-divers-automatic-skx007j1-skx007j/

Price is lower again too from when i ordered. You can save a few quid more if your not fussed on wether it's a japanese model by going for a K, (korean made version). Only difference is the 21 jewel lettering on the J, (below the depth rating on dial, and the made in japan at bottom). Those points aside theyre the same. The same store also sells them with jubilee or oyster style bracelets, but tbh the seiko versions of theese are a bit poor

Caporegime
Thank Setter i may give them a go there is an orient i like .
The orient mako usa is a very nice well priced dive watch. But iirc it can only be bought from long island watches in america. Despite being a japanese made watch.

Im considering saving up for either a longines hydroconquest, brand new for £790.00 or a secondhand omega seamaster professional 300m. The latter would cost circa £13-1700 depending on the year. Been looking at a few on watchfinder. Gonna sell my red arrow citizen chrono, never wore it much as i dont like the leather strap. Will gather a few quid to put towards another diver.

Back
Top Bottom