Brexit thread - what happens next

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I imagine the economics advice from someone who was in an advisory role when a business went under, would be rather good in some cases. Learning from past experiences and all... :)

Caporegime
Ah yes, John Llewellyn, economics adviser at Lehman Brothers before it collapsed.

Do people not realise the real collapse of the world economy was in 2008, it isn't because of what is happening now.

I'd rather a global collapse than a self-inflicted one that hits our closest trading partner and gives world economies plenty of reasons to go nowhere near us.

Associate
Cameron basically said we're leaving the EU, and they're choosing our new PM.

He also said flat out 'We will not be activating article 50 at this time' and that it wouldn't be activated until the UK know what relationship they want with the EU.

Soldato
Associate
Until they do, I will keep my democratic right to protest this stupid referendum and have the vote cast aside as it is ONLY ADVISORY!

NOT LEGALLY BINDING!

So you are essentially saying it's your democratic right to derail a decision made by a majority as part of a democratic process because you don't like it?

Last edited:
Caporegime
So you are essentially saying it's your democratic right to protest in order to overturn a decision made by a majority as part of a democratic process because you don't like it.

Probably because it is.

If Parliament pass a bill then people have a right to protest that decision, even though it was reached at through the democratic process. There isn't some sort of guillotine on democratic expression once a decision is made.

Associate
Because it was the current government who gave the country a referendum & it should be current the government who should've planned for both outcomes. The tories are still in power regardless of the result & it should be them who should've formulated a plan.

Scotland prepared a 600 plus paged document detailing a plan for exit with the UK. The conservatives did not make that plan for them.

Again, grow pair, admit you were wrong and maybe we can go forward.

Have you ever seen the currency rates over a 10 year scale? Check XE. This is small potatoes compared to what happened with Lehman Brothers, it's not the end of the world, ok..

No it isn't. Its worse than the crash 08/09 and we haven't even left yet.

We have blown our faces off for a pimple of an issue!

Caporegime
Don't be silly. This is not the end of the world not being in the EU, hence, Iceland withdrawing it's EU application last year.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/201...hdraws-application-join-eu-lunatics-join-now/

I didn't say it was :confused:

This isn't about whether we are in the EU or not, this is about the damage we inflict on ourselves by withdrawing. In a global downturn there is a sense of everybody being in it together due to circumstances, this is an avoidable incident and feelings of good-will to the UK are not exactly going to be high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom