UEFA Euro 2016 - Round of 16 **spoilers** (25th - 27th June)

Soldato
I just want to say... nobody should be truly surprised by this.

England have been awful since the start of the tournament.

They can't do the basics. The basics that an under-16 team should already be well-drilled in.

England's football team today are a national embarrassment.

Yep. It was about acceptable for the Russia game, since it was the first game and there were signs England could develop.

But that simply didn't happen and Roy decided that using the Slovakia game to give the main team more play time together wasn't needed.

I think they can do the basics though. Decided to crumble today because there was no real plan.

Soldato
I can't believe these itv pundits aren't questioning the commitment, there was zero effort or determination out there tonight. Hodgson's team talk at half time must have been awful too, there was no improvement or reaction from the players.

Soldato
Get ready for loads of interviews on pride and how much it hurts. I love this result, I ****ing hate the england team. I have hated them for years. I hate the lies about how much it hurts, they just play for the money it makes them in endorsements to be an england player. Most of them are thick as pig ****. This only ruins the summer holiday for them, they will all be in the USA and Dubai by thursday.

The england set up is a cancer that ruins great kids time and time again as they get sucked into the little england mentality. If they aren't sticking mobile phones up their back sides it's 10k per turn of a card gambling. They can get back to dodging friendlies on a wednesday and playing for their clubs on a saturday.

This is my usual attitude, I thought I'd back them but it was plain as day, they just want to go on holiday. Shameful.Maybe we should pick some Gateshead players next World Cup?

Man of Honour
Yep. It was about acceptable for the Russia game, since it was the first game and there were signs England could develop.

But that simply didn't happen and Roy decided that using the Slovakia game to give the main team more play time together wasn't needed.

I think they can do the basics though. Decided to crumble today because there was no real plan.

His inflexibility and slow reaction to situations where everyone else can see that there is no point trying to push whatever the plan is through is the problem - that early switch up against Wales even if a bit scrappy worked and what was needed here to - he should have had Lallana on the moment Iceland were ahead not a second later.

Soldato
I've never understood why foreign managers are allowed to manage England since England are only allowed English players. Surely it should be all England, players and manager. And since foreign managers are allowed, how come Jose Mourinho isn't talked about as a possibility?

Back
Top Bottom