Help with fuelling issue

Man of Honour
You may have a mesh on the fuel tank outlet, but it will be inside where you can't easily get to it. If these get clogged up it can slow down fuel flow to near nothing. The full/empty change suggests something like that.

If you have access to compressed air, or a can of air, take the tank cap off and flow air up the fuel pipe into the tank - it may loosen the crud on the mesh and run OK for a while until it settles.

Also, if you take the carb apart again, make sure the float is not leaking and filling up with fuel - as on simple carbs like this a few mm can make all the difference!

Soldato
OP
You may have a mesh on the fuel tank outlet, but it will be inside where you can't easily get to it. If these get clogged up it can slow down fuel flow to near nothing. The full/empty change suggests something like that.

If you have access to compressed air, or a can of air, take the tank cap off and flow air up the fuel pipe into the tank - it may loosen the crud on the mesh and run OK for a while until it settles.

Also, if you take the carb apart again, make sure the float is not leaking and filling up with fuel - as on simple carbs like this a few mm can make all the difference!

I had the fuel lines off when I replaced the pump and fuel's flowing fine from the tank - much better flow straight out the tank than's getting to the filter up top.

I've ordered a low pressure 12v pump, fuse and cut-off - hopefully that solves it!

Back
Top Bottom