What film did you watch last night?

Associate
Sorry, couldn't resist :D. I suspected as much as a friend suggested seeing it sometime but it looked more like the sort of thing I would watch randomly on Sky movies.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Zoolander 2. Utterly rubbish and I loved the first one. Perhaps 3/10 if I am being generous. The comedy had so little wit to any part of it that it was just painful to watch.

Soldato
Watched Batman vs Superman courtesy of an Etihad A380 :cool:
Am I a bad person for really liking it? Sure, the moment when they become instant BFFs is a bit dodgy but generally speaking, it was pretty good.

Perhaps I'm just not nerdy enough!! :)

Soldato
The Devils Backbone

I was expecting better coming from Pan's Labyrinth, but still a decent enough watch. Good perormacnes, especially from the children but a predictable enough plot. Interesting the connection to the war (similar to P's L), but I didn't find it especially gripping. Perhaps that had something to do with watching it on a Monday morning :p

6/10

Soldato
Independence Day Resurgence

Oh my it's bad, like very close to just walking out bad.

2/10

Cgi was decent (hence the 2/10), but the script felt like it was written by a school drama group.

Nooooo!! But this was always going to be the case. Had too much to live up to. :(

Soldato
A Bigger Splash

Considering it initially appears to be a family film, it most certainly is not!
I really enjoyed it actually, superb performances all round, particularly from Tilda Swinton and Ralph Fiennes. I loved Swinton's choice to be mute rather than using the intended script which featured pages of dialogue.

It lost its way a little in the final half hour, hence a slightly lower score. Definitely worth a watch imo.

7/10

Associate
It is garbage - 1/10 borderline unwatchable.

Wow! wo much hate for this... glad we didn't go and see it now. It sounds worse that Jurassic World, which we did make the mistake of seeing. How and why did Empire give it 4/5? :eek:

Inside Out... a very good, if not classic animation 7/10.

Love & Friendship... I found it a bit flat. Beckinsale needed to be far more waspish and bitchy to my mind. 6/10

Soldato
Whiplash

I kept overlooking this film as a story about a drummer didn't seem appealing. Now that I've seen it though, I agree with most people that it's a very good film. J.K. Simmons's character, Fletcher, was a likeable chap I thought. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom