Recommend some good coop games please

Soldato
4+ players ideally

We have played a lot of rocket league, worms, Mount your friends, Civ5, helldivers, Magicka, gauntlet, alien swarm, and all the big shooters (bf, payday 2, rb6 siege, borderlands, etc) and are now looking for something new. Any gems we have missed? Old games like l4d2 are to be taken as a given.

Any suggestions?

Soldato
OP
Looks interesting. Is a mission based game with objectives I presume?

E we have played trine, but as there are usually 4 or 5 of us it's not something we have played in a while

Oh yeah, add vermintide and ark to the list of heavily played titles. Looking forwards to space hulk deathwing later in the year, but need something to scratch the itch. Something a bit different

Last edited:
Soldato
Broforce is amazing if you have two controllers on the pc. Properly took me back to my days gaming with school friends on my spectrum! Amazing game.

Soldato
OP
Ahh, another suggestion might be Saints row.

Is there coop play in Sr?

Dying light u will have a blast!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/239140/

pretty sure its 4 player / co-op
Yeah very good game, and the lads keep trying to convince me to get the dlc for it

Zombie Army Trilogy on steam sale 5.99 or 17.99 for a 4-pack (co-op story mode & hoard mode).

Got it! I found the rifles particularly satisfying in that. Gets bloody hard later in the story!

Soldato
Serious Sam 2, Torchlight 2, portal 2, ultimate chicken horse, trine 2, borderlands 2, dying light ... yes, I know, but in case you missed any.

As for modern stuff... drawing a blank. Which is a shame, co-op are my favourite.

Oh yeah, sniper Elite zombie army trilogy is good fun. I believe sniper Elite 3 also has co-op.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Yeah there seems to be a lack of interesting new coop titles. I must know what ultimate chicken horse is though.

Angels fall first looks good, will be keeping an eye on that!

Soldato
OP
Assuming by all the good shooters you are including Killing Floor in that?

How about Sol Survivor or Tower Wars?

E played killing floor two over the free weekend, but it felt like it wasn't quite there yet. Is the first one different?

I haven't tried sol survivor or tower wars so will look into those.

Castle crashers isn't really my jam, but thanks for the recommendation

Associate
Have a spare copy of Nation Red that I have just picked up in the Steam sale after recommendations on these forums. Only gifted 2 so you can have the other copy to let you test the water to see if its something you and your pals will like. Free gratis, otherwise it will just sit in my inventory.

Soldato
OP
Divinity Original Sin if you fancy a change? Sure there is a mod that allows 4 players.

If there is then that's a good shout.

Have a spare copy of Nation Red that I have just picked up in the Steam sale after recommendations on these forums. Only gifted 2 so you can have the other copy to let you test the water to see if its something you and your pals will like. Free gratis, otherwise it will just sit in my inventory.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm sure someone else would appreciate it more. I'll have a squint at it to see what it's like though

Associate
Torchlight and Borderlands (1 + 2 of each) are brilliant co-op, there's also The Division, and Ghost Recon: Wildlands is on its way soon(ish), both 3rd person 4-man/woman co-op.

Back
Top Bottom