Poll: How would you vote if there was a General Election this year?

Which party would you vote for if there was a general election this year?

• Alliance Party of Northern Ireland

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Conservative

Votes: 110 29.2%
  • Democratic Unionist Party

• Green Party

Votes: 17 4.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 64 17.0%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 90 23.9%
  • Didn't vote / spoiled ballot

Votes: 11 2.9%
  • Other party

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Respect Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SNP

Votes: 15 4.0%
  • Social Democratic and Labour Party

• Sinn Fein

• UKIP

Votes: 60 15.9%

• Total voters
Soldato
Impossible to say until we know who's leading the parties. None of them really represent what I'd like so it's always a painful choice.

Soldato
Still voting Conservative, partly because I have an inexplicable curiosity to see Boris as the post-Brexit PM and partly because a vote for the Conservatives in Blyth Valley is basically a protest vote against the incumbent Labour MP.

Soldato
LD - The coalition was the best government we have had for ages, and the Lib dems were unfairly blamed for the worse parts of tory policy (even DC admits this) when they had been in fact a normalizing filter through which conservative policy had to pass

Id consider labour if they make Hillary Benn leader, and he comes up with some decent policies

Soldato
Because they fight against radical liberalism and hard.

Dangerous because you dont believe their values hold true, whilst you are no doubt manipulated by the media on a daily basis.

Ahhhh No.... Because they inspire racial hatred, constantly spread lies, Are completely childish, Majority of its supporters are uneducated chavs, they have some really nasty friends in Europe, Their members and leaders constantly spew out racist remarks and most of all.... they're a one man party!

Or doesn't the truth suit you because your belief's are 100% right and nobody anything says proves otherwise?

Caporegime
One of the worst things to come out of this referendum is that its probably going to strengthen UKIP at the next election when people want some backlash against a government that doesn't deliver us the unicorns and gold that Leave promised.

Why would anyone vote UKIP? Isn't their agenda now complete...

We still have a lot of immigrants.

Soldato
Another one for Lib Dems in this safe Tory seat. The vote is massively split for the #2 spot, mind. But neither Dems, UKIP or Labour have a reasonable shot at anything more, so one can either lob a few more votes towards the Tories or vote with the heart or tactical deviancy in mind. :)

Caporegime
Conservative although that may change if Boris is PM, I think he's brought about this EU debacle in his own political interest rather than for reasons of belief in Brexit or what's right for the country and I cannot support a man with such scant disregard for his country over his personal ambition.

Interesting to see currently the Lib dem's in second over Labour after nearly being wiped out at the last GE, frankly, I'm surprised Labour manage to be in third place given the farce they have become.

Caporegime
I doubt there will be a GE this year, DC wont call for one now hes in the middle of leaving and it would be too late AFAIK to call one when his replacement turns up.

I have to say the next GE is likely going to determine my long-term future in this country, both because of the possibility of a strengthen UKIP and the fact after this referendum is seems obvious to me that the current political party system just doesnt represent the electorate properly. I have zero faith/trust in the types of people that will be likely be charged in leading their parties.

I can see my vote being more about stopping certain entities getting into power than actually a vote for a party that shares my views.

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
Due to the broken way our voting system works, lib dem as they're the closest to beating the conservatives in my area, although it's not too bad as they're a second choice after green.

Back
Top Bottom