AMD POLARIS RX-480 IN STOCK: THE PERFECT GAMING UPGRADE!!

Associate
Bearing in mind I game at 1080p, I wonder how this stacks up next to a 3GB 280X? I'm very tempted to get either a 4GB or 8GB version of this for my secondary system (which contains a 280X).

Associate
Is the XFX model the only one with a backplate?

Out of the reference models, yeah I think it is. Seriously considering the 4/8GB XFX for my secondary PC. Might get a Freesync monitor as well - currently using a 9 year-old 17" 1280x1024 monitor.

Soldato
Uhh.... XFX 4GB reads 175.99 and then the shop says 184.99.

Did you really change your mind since this morning.

It's not the only one either...

OcUK Staff
OP
Gibbo said he will respond to your concerns once he's out of the meeting he's in with Corsair.

This, finished now!

In short margin was pretty tight, but I was happy with making very little margin on the part as I could simply order more.

I raised a PO for a further 1000 units and it was rejected, AMD stating no more 4GB parts shall be built, so make what you have last or take offline and use for systems.

So this is the reason. I am going to AMD HQ in Munich tomorrow to discuss this because it seems like an error to not product any more of this part when its success is huge. Makes no sense!

But that is the reason for the increase.

Associate
This, finished now!

In short margin was pretty tight, but I was happy with making very little margin on the part as I could simply order more.

I raised a PO for a further 1000 units and it was rejected, AMD stating no more 4GB parts shall be built, so make what you have last or take offline and use for systems.

So this is the reason. I am going to AMD HQ in Munich tomorrow to discuss this because it seems like an error to not product any more of this part when its success is huge. Makes no sense!

Very strange...after the first bulk then refuse a repeat order

Caporegime
This, finished now!

AMD gonna AMD.

Associate
AMD's margins might be extra tight on those too and, for the budget sensitive gamer this card is aimed at, they are cannibalising sales from the higher margin 8GB cards.
Either that or the rumours are true and all cards are in fact produced as 8GB!

Maybe.

OcUK Staff
OP
AMD's margins might be extra tight on those too and, for the budget sensitive gamer this card is aimed at, they are cannibalising sales from the higher margin 8GB cards.
Either that or the rumours are true and all cards are in fact produced as 8GB!

Maybe.

I would have gone and tried one, but the XFX is sold out. I am back on Friday, so if any Sapphire left will take a close look at those.

I shall also ask as to why this is at Munich tomorrow, as it makes no sense unless indeed they are 8GB cards, re-flashed. If so absolute bargains, LOL!

Back
Top Bottom