Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
That device on a drill is going to be cumbersome as hell to use, looks to have a small pad too so will take forever. G10 is horrible stuff to use too.
Get a proper machine and polish.

Its not too bad to use, pads also not too small.
I may return it anyway and get a bigger one, the sound of a mains drill is mental.

Associate
I've got some matte black lenso wheels in black that seem to accumulate an awful lot of brake dust in the corners of the spokes.

What are the best recommendations for an acid free wheel cleaner that's good value?

Cheers

Soldato
I've got some matte black lenso wheels in black that seem to accumulate an awful lot of brake dust in the corners of the spokes.

What are the best recommendations for an acid free wheel cleaner that's good value?

Cheers

I literally got some Bilt Hamber Auto Wheel today, ordered direct from their website.

Haven't used yet but from what I've heard here and elsewhere, it's the business.

Will post back results on weekend, of the undamaged alloys anyway :D

Associate
Bought one of those clay mits from Halfords which actually did a great job. Just wondering, do you use it every time you wash the car (i.e. weekly) or every so often?

Associate
Only use it if the paint feels rough to the touch. Plastic bag over your hand and running it along clean paint will highlight any contamination.

How often you use it completely depends on the wax/sealant you protect the car with and if it is susceptible to contamination e.g. parking under trees.

Claying will inflict a small amount of damage to the paint so only use it when necessary.

Soldato
I re-cleaned my soft top on the weekend, trying the 'Turtle Wax' kit that comes with cleaner / conditioner.. I normally use the Autoglym kit..

However, after applying the conditioner, it rained unexpectedly, so I waited for it to dry and reapplied it to the front part of the roof, and I wanted to use it liberally so then broke out the remaining Auto Glym to finish the rest of the roof..

It was interesting to then see how it performed after a day of pretty terrible rain..
9JLuIXz.jpg

The turtle wax really doesn't repel water anywhere as proficiently as the Autoglym.. In fact you can see the transition from Auto Glym to Turtle wax quite clearly.

Of course, modern Mohair roofs have a rubber layer so don't techically need to be waterproof in the fabric layer, but having it relatively water resistant does help keep it's shape and stops dirt getting more ingrained.

My next test might be G-Teknik and Fabsil..

Last edited:
Associate
I currently use autoglym on my mx5's roof and find it to be excellent. I last applied it in February and it's just now lost most of its hydrophobic properties.

Auto brute are releasing their own fabric seal which I'm keen to try out, purely because it's suppose to be much easier to use and any overstay can just be wiped off with some qd.

Sam

Sam

Soldato
Hi

My BMW M2 is due to arrive in the next few weeks and i would like to get a couple of good coatings of wax both on the bodywork and wheels. So i was wondering:

- What is the best reasonably priced product to use the at the moment?
- Is wax the best product to buy?
- Whats the best way to apply to avoid swirl marks?

I did consider giving it the Kenolon treatment - http://www.cidlines.com/en-INT/kenotek/kenolon-ceramic-shield-v1 but I've been quoted £650 to prepare and apply and i don't think i can justify ...

Thanks

Associate
Hi Chaps
The window rubbers on my car are starting to go green and mouldy, i'm going to have a bash at cleaning them up at the weekend but is there a product available to protect them a bit after cleaning? I remember spraying some silicon spray on a previous car more to aid the window operation but it kept leaving a smear on the window every time it was raised/lowered

cheers

Caporegime
I've waxed my car and all the little dimples caused by stones on the front bumper are holding bits of white dried wax and makes it look worse. Is there a wax/sealant that dries clear rather than white?

Might get a sample tub of Dodo Juice Blue Velvet to try for the bumper.

Associate
Hi Chaps
The window rubbers on my car are starting to go green and mouldy, i'm going to have a bash at cleaning them up at the weekend but is there a product available to protect them a bit after cleaning? I remember spraying some silicon spray on a previous car more to aid the window operation but it kept leaving a smear on the window every time it was raised/lowered

cheers

CarPro dlux or Gtechniq C4 will restore and protect, last ages too.

Soldato
IMAG03691_zpsc50tsm5v.jpg

Dont see many of those Scorpios around any more. :(

They look very "comfy" inside,Is it a gas guzzler?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom