MPB - anyone used before?

Associate
Hey guys,
Looking to sell some of my camera gear that was more of an impulse buy. I do not want to use ebay as its full of scammers, got a quote from mpb which i think was very fair, Has anyone got any experience with them? want to see if i can get some info on them before i send off an expensive lense like the 100-400mk2

many thanks

Soldato
I cant comment on MPB but only wex,ex were really good,gave me a fair price,only downside to using wex is that you have to buy something from them after you sold your kit.

That was fine for me as i was downsizing,if your going to sell all your gear and need money i would check with them first.

Associate
Was a hassle free experience when I sold an old camera body to MPB a few years ago.

They arranged collection by DPD from my office on the 18th and I had been paid by the 25th (with a few update emails in between).

Associate
They are great, used both Wex and MPB and MPB always offer the higher price (and give the same value of cash also).
Recently sold some gear, got a quote, DPD out the next day to collect the box and money in my account 2/3 days later.
Just takes the risk out of using ebay (and all the fees)

uv

uv

Soldato
Yup, used them just the other day to buy a lens. Very quick delivery, decent price, and item was exactly as described.

The in-laws have also used them without issue.

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
Sold quite a few with them, very easy process. Prices are fair I found, just under what you'd sell for in a classified ad and about the same if not a touch more than EBay once you deduct the necessary fee's but with a lot less hassle.

Associate
Just received a quote for bunch of unused lenses. Better price than would get on eBay besides the £25 offered for Kenko 2x teleconvertor.

Lenses being collected Wednesday so will update on the result. It's always a worry sending goods for inspection before getting paid.

Associate
OP
Just received a quote for bunch of unused lenses. Better price than would get on eBay besides the £25 offered for Kenko 2x teleconvertor.

Lenses being collected Wednesday so will update on the result. It's always a worry sending goods for inspection before getting paid.

how did it go? will be doing mine next week :)

Associate
I bought my first camera (400D) from there and was very pleased with it. Also bought a few lenses off them them.

The descriptions are on point as well.

All the stuff I have bought off them has been awesome condition.

I know I was buying and you are selling but as a whole they seem to be decent :)

Associate
[Death];29762986 said:
how did it go? will be doing mine next week :)

So far so good. They assessed the lenses and confirmed a price two days after collection.

Slightly lower than the quote as they found 'light debris' inside one of the lenses and 'moderate debris' inside another.

Far less stressful than eBay with the constant worry of scammers.

Associate
Have been buying & selling from them since 2006 (bought my first DLSR from them - EOS20D) when they were just a two man band & an e-bay shop.

Never had a problem with them, quite handy for me as i'm only 10 minute walk from their office

Back
Top Bottom