What watch do you wear?

Associate
I've been wearing the LG G watch R for a while now. Best watch I've ever owned. Keeps linked to the phone so when I'm playing sport and get a call or message I don't miss anything urgent.

Soldato
Well, I remember sometime ago most were using their clocks from their phones and it was no longer seen to be hip for wearing an actual watch amongst joe bloggs. Only been observing things. Of course then the fitness trackers kicked off.

Some real nice watches in this thread though.

I think it's long been the case that some people don't wear wrist watches because of their phone, and those who use both. I actually find myself using my wrist watch more than my phone for trains due to the lack of seconds on phone time. It does require you to learn how your watch time changes over time (being an automatic), but I just prefer it to having to go through the hassle of my phone.

Someone please make an ambient display clock with seconds for Android.

Caporegime
New orient mako usa 2

After being very impressed by the look and price of the first mako usa i was going to get one. Unfortunately though stock was very limited. Orient have now unveiled a new mk2 version with an upgraded movement.

Orient USA has just released the newest and probably most desirable Mako models yet with the new Orient Mako USA II dive watches. Really just some incremental changes, but if you don't have a Mako or have a much older one and want a very solid daily beater that just got even better, then right now might be the time to get one of these.

http://www.ablogtowatch.com/orient-mako-usa-ii-watches/

T8HdB8v.jpg

Really solid alternative to the seiko 007/9 models.

V F

V F

Soldato
I think it's long been the case that some people don't wear wrist watches because of their phone, and those who use both. I actually find myself using my wrist watch more than my phone for trains due to the lack of seconds on phone time. It does require you to learn how your watch time changes over time (being an automatic), but I just prefer it to having to go through the hassle of my phone.

Someone please make an ambient display clock with seconds for Android.

Personally I always thought wrist watches were the best. Though I've never liked digital.

Associate
Currently wearing my wedding day gift from my wife. I have a black one very similar to this but I like the silver a bit more now.

27980851826_09bbdfae4e_c.jpg

Associate
Just got my G-Shock 6900BC back from Casio. Auto illumination wasn't working. Casio have managed to return it as "repaired" with the issue still persisting. In fact, the light button itself now seems unresponsive. The seller I bought it from is taking it back luckily but I am gutted as it's a great watch. Will have to try and find it for sale elsewhere.

Soldato
Just got my G-Shock 6900BC back from Casio. Auto illumination wasn't working. Casio have managed to return it as "repaired" with the issue still persisting. In fact, the light button itself now seems unresponsive. The seller I bought it from is taking it back luckily but I am gutted as it's a great watch. Will have to try and find it for sale elsewhere.

The 6900BC is such great watch (multiband and solar) and will also be in my collection. Its the classic design with the metal bracelet giving it a more premium feel.

Last edited:
Soldato
After being very impressed by the look and price of the first mako usa i was going to get one. Unfortunately though stock was very limited. Orient have now unveiled a new mk2 version with an upgraded movement.

T8HdB8v.jpg

That blue is gorgeous. Very tempted to add that to my existing Orient FET0T004D.

Caporegime
Turned up yesterday - not bad was only ordered Friday !

Will do a mini review later but loving it and so much watch for the money
Nice dial on that, seen a few of this brand on fb and always thought they looked good.

Got a new bracelet for my seiko 007 today. Strapcode super oyster in brushed stainless steel, solid end links and screw in links.

Just need to get the existing rubber strap off which will mean a trip to the jewellers, bracelet sizing ill be able to do myself as it just needs a small screwdriver.

Soldato

T8HdB8v.jpg

Is the Mk2 likely to be more accurate than the old model? I love my Mako but it runs quite fast.

Soldato
Is the Mk2 likely to be more accurate than the old model? I love my Mako but it runs quite fast.
Tried getting it regulated by a watchmaker? Might make all the difference. Could even give it a go yourself if you're feeling bold.

These things are so variable that it's hard to say from Gen to Gen which will be more accurate.

Back
Top Bottom