Overwatch

Soldato
Just played a game against someone with 2 stars next to their name, upon googling a star basically means they have reached level cap 100 so the guy I played was level 214!! How the hell you find that much time to play the game already! Career profile said he had played the game 237 hours which basically means an average of 6 hours per day since launch.. :x

Possibly a streamer or just someone who really really likes the game.

I find that it isn't a game I can play for very long stints. Pick up and play for a couple of matches and then do something else.

Soldato
Was starting to get into this, but gave up last night after playing against a couple of teams where they all went the same player (ninjas were particularly annoying...). Then another game we were struggling on attack with the payload and both attack games we had 2 terrible widowmakers. They were constantly getting destroyed yet they wouldnt change.
I understand people trying new characters, but that was ridiculous and so damn frustrating.

It was mostly only a couple of mates and me on the payload. sigh...

Soldato
It's a great game to jump in and out. I am looking forward to getting into competitive play when I finally get internet post move.

Completely dominated my gaming hours since its release - There are occasional players who makes slightly OP characters very annoying but it's team based, so if you're team aren't reacting, then you're stuffed.

I have been in many teams where they are complete numpties but still managed to tip it into a win at 99% v 99%, just through sheer luck and timing. So even in worst scenario, it's still possible for a win.

Associate
I'm not having much luck with teams in competitive play today. Been with whole teams of D.va and teams without support all at level 20 ish against teams with level 90 players. Will try again later but matchmaking today seems mixed :)

Soldato
Finally got around to my placements - it's as broken as league of legends placements are! 10 games , 5 losses due to people leaving, 3 losses due to being placed with lvl25-35 vs 55+ and 2 wins :D ah well, time to grind.

Soldato
Has anyone noticed what seems like match fixing taking place? I've been in several games where the team I'm in has won the first round defending, but in the second round when its our turn to attack, the other team literally sits back and does NOTHING to defend. So we just roll to immediate victory.

Its only happened a few times so far, but it is damn annoying. I'm joining random teams, so I don't know if these people are working together are not, but I hope I don't get punished along with them if Blizzard decides to smack down the ban hammer.

Associate
I got placed at level 42 but honestly think the matchmaking is not great. Regularly coming up against teams with 75+ players together against teams with level 30 in it. I think to succeed you are going to need a regular team as solo pickups is so erratic.

Back
Top Bottom