*** Sky Q Thread ***

Soldato
I'm downgrading from Sky Q after finding it all a little lacklustre, thankfully within the 2 week cooling off period, so it 'should' be trouble-free.

I find the UI is pretty clunky, lacks a lot of the features of the SKY+ HD UI that I liked and the hardware is clearly in dire need of further testing and refinement.
It needs a lot more work, but I guess it is first generation and all.

Soldato
Screenies of it are showing ability to output 2160p to a compatible TV and a new Ultra HD section with on-demand movies.

Rolling out in time for a surprise UHD broadcast of The Open next week? ;) :D

Associate
Has anyone got Sky Q and a Sky Q mini box with BT sport on both?

When installed BT sport only worked on the main box when I expected it to work on both as there is only one view card. Sky said I needed to speak to BT but havent had chance yet. Is it an extra charge to get it working on a second or third mini box?

Soldato
Has anyone got Sky Q and a Sky Q mini box with BT sport on both?

When installed BT sport only worked on the main box when I expected it to work on both as there is only one view card. Sky said I needed to speak to BT but havent had chance yet. Is it an extra charge to get it working on a second or third mini box?

Yes, BT charge an extra 5 or 6 quid for it to work on minis. Daylight robbery.

Associate
I really like Sky Q when it works, but on my mini's I can probabably watch for 10 minutes then I get the error and I can't watch anything unless I go and unplug everything...

I've re-set it all, re-setup everything always the same and I use a
ASUS RT-AC87U AC2400 Router which is a good and not cheap router.. I can connect to my wifi from the bus stop over the road so it is not a wireless distance issue.. super frustrating and not sure what to do!

:(

Back
Top Bottom