• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Is there any use for Physx now?

Soldato
So my rig is ageing but I have a dedicated PhysX card in the form of a Geforce GT640 (DDR5) to supplement my current GTX 760 SLI setup.

It was last used to good effect in Borderlands a few years back, but I don't recall any games of note that have used it since and I'm thinking of taking the card out now.

Is there anything worth keeping it for on the horizon? The battlefield games don't use Physx do they? Is Nvidia even pushing it any more?

Cheers

Man of Honour
Any future games are likely to use FleX if they use nVidia physics at all which can run on any hardware. Little reason to have a dedicated PhysX GPU these days.

Soldato
So my rig is ageing but I have a dedicated PhysX card in the form of a Geforce GT640 (DDR5) to supplement my current GTX 760 SLI setup.

It was last used to good effect in Borderlands a few years back, but I don't recall any games of note that have used it since and I'm thinking of taking the card out now.

Is there anything worth keeping it for on the horizon? The battlefield games don't use Physx do they? Is Nvidia even pushing it any more?

Cheers

Even when NV was "pushing it", only 60 or so games support it over the last 11 years.

Soldato
A dedicated PhsyX card always seemed like a very luxury/what-the-hell sort of setup. Or maybe just something to do with an old card after upgrading.

There's certainly no great value factor in doing this, even when PhsyX was more common.

I did love the Borderlands stuff, though. Even on Low, it provided not only a more rich experience, but I also felt it really added to the feedback of using guns and grenades and whatnot, making them more satisfying than with PhsyX turned off.

Back
Top Bottom