• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Associate
Asus update:

1080 Strix OC: 50 this week :(
So as I am sitting on the 67th place it looks like no card for me this week again. I'm mad, dissapointed and just frustrated with this at the same time. Asus messed this one up pretty bad. :( :(

Anyway, thanks for the update Gibbo!

Associate
Gigabyte shipped us Waterforce and Extreme Premier pack and more G1 on 1080, unfortunately it seems our shipment was short as arrived last week, so either stolen by couriers or the rest will be delivered later or tomorrow. This is now being investigated with couriers.

Asus still no response and still pushing them.

@Gibbo Did you receive any Gigabyte Xtreme PP? Sorry, Im just without a working GPU at the min :(

Associate
what is the difference between the Xtreme and the Xtreme Premium Pack? Is it just the extra gubbins?

yes its the same card but premium get extra goodies

gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1080-xtreme-gaming-8gb-gddr5x-premium-pack-tarjeta-grafica-005.jpg

- Xtreme VR Link extended 5.25”front panel
- Xtreme VR Link extended bracket
- Xtreme SLI bridge
- XMP300 mouse pad
- Wrist protector
- Xtreme Gaming Sticker

Last edited:
Associate
dear lord, the Zotac Amp Extreme is now £680. I never thought I'd say this and I was complaining about prices when the cards came out, but the launch prices now sound really good! I am soooo happy I placed my order right after learning about the referendum results. Phew, back to my cave now.

Was that £630 before?? i', sure it was OMG

Associate
The Zotac Amp Extreme £785 and Gigabyte Xtreme Gaming £744 are now on Scan.
What a joke at those extortionate prices. Do they think we are stupid?

Associate
Are you running 4k with a single OC'd 1080? Tbh I'm hoping to do the same, so if you really are able to get a stable 60FPS, that really does give me hope :) I'm seriously considering doing the same as you now, as I am not prepared to wait until August to receive the Hybrid...

So this is my third time asking this... Gibbo is there any news on the Hybrid? I currently have one on pre-order and it is holding up literally my entire build... Alternatively, how does the FTW look? Any chance I could switch to a FTW and get it sooner?

Associate
So this is my third time asking this... Gibbo is there any news on the Hybrid? I currently have one on pre-order and it is holding up literally my entire build... Alternatively, how does the FTW look? Any chance I could switch to a FTW and get it sooner?

he didn't answer because he doesn't know actual date i think but for Classified it seem that will delay again ( Gibbo answer below about the Classified ) so Hybrid likely will be after Classified.

Missed this one.

July is now looking like zero chance, August likely and September worse case. :)

Associate
Everyone waiting and complaining while the Palit GameRock - with the best cooler in the whole 1080 range - sits there In-stock at 589£.

You either really love a brand name or you're putting (your patience) and looks above the rest.

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Palit/GeForce_GTX_1080_GameRock/

Is this the non premium version base clock is 1645mhz premium base clock is 1746?
Does it matter? Looks like a good price but is it a weak card in the whole line up?

Associate
Back
Top Bottom