**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Soldato
I use my XRN3 as is with what I assume is EU global ROM. No Chinese stuff, just a few Mi apps which are fixed and can't be removed. I have considered flashing o something custom but haven't done so yet.

Bit disappointed I can't use my Xbox 360 wireless USB with the phone though.

Soldato
Got mine with the global rom pre installed as i would not know where to start flashing it myself.

Been reading some guides on doing it, but just end up more confused than ever before.

It's not that bad anyway and there are some pretty nice themes for it.

Associate
The only thing putting me of a RMN3 is all the talk of changing roms and such, has anyone just got the phone and used it as is?

I have not changed anything. Have kept the global rom i got from Ali express. Works great!

RMN3 Pro is perfect if you want an allround phablet. Only reason to buy another phone is if you are much into photos. The camera is just ok.

Last edited:
Associate
Got my RMN3 today, i'm finding the reception to be terrible on it (im on iD which uses three). Is reception in general poor or something or is it network related?

Soldato
Got my RMN3 today, i'm finding the reception to be terrible on it (im on iD which uses three). Is reception in general poor or something or is it network related?

No idea, my three sim always gave me problems both in reception and speed no matter the phone. Used to lose reception at home, speeds were like 4/2 at home and best outside were 20/20 and that was rare.

I used it in the RMN3P and same if not a little worse. Not surprising seeing as it does't have all the bands like the UK phones.

I recently switched to BT which uses EE and no issues at all, places i couldn't get reception before i can and so on. Speeds are like 20-30/5-10 as well.

Soldato
I switched my XRN3 on ID to 3G only and it works fine. 4G coverage on ID on my old phone was pitiful anyway so not really a huge problem for me. Ideally it would work on 4G but I knew it would be touch and go on that carrier.

Soldato
I'm thinking of getting the new ZTE Axon 7 phone due out end of July, they list a ton specs but no mention of FM radio, is this usually on all Android phones or will it only be there if listed on the specs? My current phone is a Nokia Lumia 920.

Soldato
I'm thinking of getting the new ZTE Axon 7 phone due out end of July, they list a ton specs but no mention of FM radio, is this usually on all Android phones or will it only be there if listed on the specs? My current phone is a Nokia Lumia 920.

It's a Chinese things, I think you can just download the apk for FM radio. The hardware will have the ability to get FM radio.

Soldato

Well, according to the following specs on 'gsmarena.com', it doesn't come with a radio included, which is a shame:

COMMS: WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
Bluetooth v4.2, A2DP
GPS Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
NFC Yes
Radio No
USB v3.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector

It will be interesting to see what the final price will be, here in the UK though!

Associate

I recommend you check out the Zuk Z2 instead, should be cheaper than the ZTE, same CPU, bigger battery but smaller screen. Check out Linus' great review of it.

http://www.gizmochina.com/2016/06/27/zuk-z2-review-beautiful-fast/

On a completely unrelated topic, does anyone know of big battery phones that are compact? I have the Redmi 3 and was wondering if I missed any big battery phones that are as small/smaller than that.

Soldato
Friend of mine has been looking to get an Axon 7 but unfortunately the initial shipment for the European release is only the Gold version (which he doesnt want) so it looks like he'll have to wait until August.

The Amazon price is correct as it was linked to from the ZTE press release on twitter the other day

Associate
Which of the latest chinese phones has the best Camera?

I'm really happy with my Redmi Note 3 Pro, but my wife needs a new phone and isn't happy with the camera quality. She'll be coming from a Nexus 6, so 5.5 inch screen minimum, and battery life needs to be pretty good. She currently charging her phone between 2 and 3 times a day at the minute.

Soldato
Zijin Cheng: Part of the reason for waiting for the Axon7 is that its DaydreamVR certified with its 2560x1440 screen. I will suffer the pimp gold version since i will put in a flip case anyway to protect it.

Associate
No idea, my three sim always gave me problems both in reception and speed no matter the phone. Used to lose reception at home, speeds were like 4/2 at home and best outside were 20/20 and that was rare.

I used it in the RMN3P and same if not a little worse. Not surprising seeing as it does't have all the bands like the UK phones.

I recently switched to BT which uses EE and no issues at all, places i couldn't get reception before i can and so on. Speeds are like 20-30/5-10 as well.

I have the Redmi note 3 non pro and find its fine on 3. ID is 3 like you say. I find my 4g is good. I have found this phone holds much better signal strength for both phone and internet than my previous LG G2.

Now 3 are using 800mhz as well as 1800mhz 4g I wish I could receive 800mhz band 20.

I know there is a new redmi note 3 special edition I think it's called that can now get band 20. I wonder whether someone will find a way of opening up this band on other redmi note 3 phones. Some have said it can't be done on mediatek chip. Not sure why when other brands have done it like elephone.

Soldato
I have the Redmi note 3 non pro and find its fine on 3. ID is 3 like you say. I find my 4g is good. I have found this phone holds much better signal strength for both phone and internet than my previous LG G2.

Now 3 are using 800mhz as well as 1800mhz 4g I wish I could receive 800mhz band 20.

I know there is a new redmi note 3 special edition I think it's called that can now get band 20. I wonder whether someone will find a way of opening up this band on other redmi note 3 phones. Some have said it can't be done on mediatek chip. Not sure why when other brands have done it like elephone.

Yeah i just found 3 bad at times on 2-3 phone i've used, when i left they said i'd been with them for 6 years. Just had enough with the poor service, that's in London to where it should be good.

Caporegime
Been using my rmn3 for a few days now and I'm loving it.
Took a while to get used to it but after a few tweaks and app downloads it's in a good place.

The camera is far from Stella but it works.
I've managed to change most things gs to Europe but I still have 1 setting called locale which I have set to China as there is no viable alternative. Anyone got any ideas?

It feels very iPhoney. But maybe because I'm so used to samsungs flavour of android.
lkJo62L.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom