Overwatch

Associate
I've been playing this non-stop since the launch, just been placed at level 42 after 5 losses with pure numpties who still can't play the objective

I do get very annoyed at people spectating the payload in the last ten seconds.

Or players in the last minute switching from someone who can get on a point to a Tjorborn for god knows what reason!

Overall though, I do find the game fun. But the competitive mode seems broken at the moment.

I had a tiebreaker on payload that gave us next to no time to capture the first point which seemed a lot more difficult than it was to defend it.

Soldato
My advice to anyone who wants to take competitive play seriously... Unless you have a group of 4+ players, don't even bother as it is highly likely you will fail. Some people don't seem to grasp the concept of the game. Its not about killing (although its a big part), its about the objectives (a key example is in Hanamura where on defence of objective B you will normally get a Bastian on the raised platform on the rear wall just waiting there... but it is out of the objective zone so he cannot contest it - normally leading to a victory).

Edit1: Tiebreaks are broken and Blizzard have admitted this is the case and will be fixed for season 2.

Edit2: If anyone wants to get a proper group together for competitive play or just quick play games, then my PSN ID is "sbi5ar". I won't be on this week (away with work, but add me and lets see if we can get some games going - I've already got a few friends who are up for group play so more the merrier)

Last edited:
Soldato
I started at 52 and first went up to 53, but since then I've seemed to hit a losing streak and have plummeted down to 46. I've noticed we seem to lose a lot more progress for a loss than we get for a win.

Soldato
I started at 52 and first went up to 53, but since then I've seemed to hit a losing streak and have plummeted down to 46. I've noticed we seem to lose a lot more progress for a loss than we get for a win.

It also depends on what type of game you play... Different games award a different amount of "competitive experience" which is a pain as I seem to lose the ones which are worth a lot of points

Soldato
Also, 300 points to get a single golden weapon skin? I hope those points don't go away at the end of a season. Cause I don't see myself getting 300 wins by August.

Caporegime
Some good shenanigans with Greboth and co last night. We came up against a team who were cycling through all the characters, first they were 6 apes, then 6 tracers, then 6 Meis, and we just ripped them to pieces.

We then rolled as 6 Roadhogs which was great fun for the first few minutes, until the bad guys sussed us and countered us very effectively. All in all a good night gaming :D

Soldato
Yeah was good fun, this game is definitely better when partying up in a group. I can't believe you have played so long as roadhog and so little as anyone else. I should be around tonight and I think some others are going to be on too if you fancy grouping up again.

Caporegime
The thing is I love playing as Roadhog. He has so much more versatility than any of the other classes I've tried and having played him for so long, I know exactly where his limits are. I know how far his hook goes, I know when to use secondary fire (the perfect distance does about 400 damage), and I know how to use his hook to my advantage big time. I rarely get killed by the same Bastion twice because piggy's hook just yanks him out of bitch mode. I can yank Justins From Above right out of the sky and ruin pretty much anyone's ultimate. His chain is also good for yanking pegleg's tyre out of a group full of fleshy team mates. His 600 health and self heal means you have to kill him very quick because once he's around a corner he's adding 300 health to himself again. My only wish is that his heal also had a bit of an AOE on it to heal nearby team mates a bit as well.

Fallen send me a FR on PSN dude.

Soldato
Yeah, turns out you are far too good with roadhog. Shame comms broke down so we couldn't all chat in game. If we do a private game again I think it would be fun to turn on the random hero at spawn as it would definitely mix the game play up.

Caporegime
I never even knew that option existed, sounds awesome! I might be on tonight, not sure. Depends on how the wife is feeling after what can only be described as a rough day yesterday. I might take her out for dinner or something, will see how it goes.

I know I'm good with Roadhog, it's a side effect of playing 37 hours as Roadhog, with only three hours on the next most played character. I've had a few "fan mails" from people whilst playing as him too :D

I don't often brag but I am a bit of a beast with that piggy.

Soldato
Decent number of people playing then? I'll have to join for some competitive games when I get some time to unlock it.

I play D.Va most of the time, good all-rounder. Love shutting down reaper/soldier/bastion with the defensive shield, and the ult is a great clutch on control points.

Back
Top Bottom