Desk recommendations?

Associate
I didn't really know where to post this but in here kind of seemed like the right area. So I'm looking at getting a new desk because at the moment I'm still stuck with some dirt cheap argos thing. Could any of you guys recommend any good sturdy desks that are big enough to fit a tower and a 27" monitor?

Thanks

Soldato
I didn't really know where to post this but in here kind of seemed like the right area. So I'm looking at getting a new desk because at the moment I'm still stuck with some dirt cheap argos thing. Could any of you guys recommend any good sturdy desks that are big enough to fit a tower and a 27" monitor?

Thanks

I would have a look at some of those 'office closing down' sites where they take old office furniture and sell it cheap for the company that used to own it. My dad works from home a lot and got a very expensive half polished oak, half metal multi desk that had to be worth several hundreds of pounds for about £50!

Soldato
A lot of people on here have made custom desks from two Ikea pedestals and a kitchen worktop cut down to size. You don't need to be that handy at DIY, it's cheap and you get something to a size you want exactly. There's a 'show us your desks' thread somewhere on here that provided me with inspiration.

maj

maj

Soldato
Depends on space available and budget. A popular option is a kitchen work top (some are on sale at Ikea at the moment) with a set of legs and an Alex drawer. It may need need cut to size though.

Ikea also have the Linnmon range table tops which are smaller as standard but just have a plain design.

Associate
I went to Ikea to get a long Linnmon desk, but I didn't like how floppy they are. I got lucky and found a 2.5m solid oak Rasunda worktop in bargain corner for £30 instead of £200, and put (not screwed, just placed on top of the rubber sticky things) it on top of a couple of Alex storage units. It is solid as a rock, no need for a leg in the middle:

KHLIGZ1.png

Would recommend.

Associate
OP
Just an update, after looking around on various sites etc I managed to find a good looking sturdy desk with a steel frame, decent size of 1.2m which is perfect for my room and it only cost me £65. Sorted.

Back
Top Bottom