Overwatch

Soldato
Just started on their seasonal thingy. Seems nice! Finding I'm a lot more nervous when playing them though :p

First game was brilliant everyone was on comms, actively talking a lot, calling out flanking players, switching heroes when they had to counter others, was great fun. Was really refreshing compared to what I've normally seen.

Associate
5930K here at 3.7ghz cpu never goes over 30% total or

max core % used 50%

the only thing different maybe for me is i turn off dynamic reflections, theirs a 33% loss of fps if this is on. Maybe thats where the cpu is being used

dynamic reflection affect reflection on mirrors/glass/water/armour

something you will hardly notice in battle :)

No idea what's going on then. Going to give windows 10 a try tonight and will install overwatch on SSD to see if that fixes it (I can't see that happening) lots of posts on the forum with similar issues :(

Edit - maybe this game just struggles with only 4 cores, starting to regret not getting the 6700k now :(

Last edited:
Associate
No idea what's going on then. Going to give windows 10 a try tonight and will install overwatch on SSD to see if that fixes it (I can't see that happening) lots of posts on the forum with similar issues :(

Edit - maybe this game just struggles with only 4 cores, starting to regret not getting the 6700k now :(

I use a quad core non K squ in work with a R9 270 and i dont get spikes on mid settings

Soldato
Starting to go off the game now. On a QP last night there were two players talking about some new cheat program doing the rounds and did some crazy kills against the opposing team to demonstrate this. As Junkrat, one of the players dropped 5 mines in succession around the enemy spawn point before detonating it as a few players came out.

Another pretty much had Blackwidow's infrared on for the entire team permanently. When players began complaining they simply said that they can use the 'prefer player' option to stop folks avoiding them.

I was hoping cheat programs wouldn't appeared as early as they have.

It sounds like they're quite obvious cheats then (laying all those mines for example) surely it can't be hard to grass them up? I record all my games, surely it can be posted somewhere for Blizzard to take action.

Didn't I hear they were being pretty strong on cheats? Banning them across their whole account or something?

Soldato
Didn't I hear they were being pretty strong on cheats? Banning them across their whole account or something?
Indeed, its one of the reasons why I bought Overwatch in the first place. I just don't want it turning into GTAV. I used to record my gaming too but since I purchased an R9 290 about a year and a half ago, OBS just drops frames like hell and I've never managed to solve it.

I'll look how to report players tonight because I haven't a clue.

Associate
I use a quad core non K squ in work with a R9 270 and i dont get spikes on mid settings

Windows 10, i5 2500k @ 4Ghz, 16GB ram, 1TB EVO SSD and a Nvidia 980 GTX. Not a single problem when playing.

No idea what is going wrong then. I'll clean install Windows 10 and just overwatch, see if it does it then.

EDIT

For anybody that's interested, I've fixed it. So, it's either:

*Upgrading to Windows 10
*Not installing Anti-Virus or MSI Afterburner
*Installing to an SSD
*Disabling XMP settings in BIOS
*Running default clocks

Just played for an hour, CPU never peaked above 50%

Last edited:
Soldato
I decided to play 1 Hanzo game last night as I've avoided playing him so far (and bitching about him quite a bit).

Two times I bagged a triple kill with his ultimate, and I also got play of the game with a ultimate triple kill and a follow up arrow kill to get a quadra which cleared the capture point and sealed us the victory in overtime.

I felt so dirty I went for a shower after that game :p

Associate
I use Hanzo's alt to charge my Zarya's weapon up! His ult is usually pretty easy to sidestep but it's funny watching folks go all "Prometheus" on it by trying to out run it

Great session last night, was on with just 1 or 2 others and managed a lovely win streak boosting me from 47 to 49 (so close to 50). Felling pretty good about it all as my groups average is 55 so in theory I'm battling above my weight.

Soldato
No idea what is going wrong then. I'll clean install Windows 10 and just overwatch, see if it does it then.

EDIT

For anybody that's interested, I've fixed it. So, it's either:

*Upgrading to Windows 10
*Not installing Anti-Virus or MSI Afterburner
*Installing to an SSD
*Disabling XMP settings in BIOS
*Running default clocks

Just played for an hour, CPU never peaked above 50%

I've also had the issue you have experienced, though as it doesn't happen enough to stop me playing the game, I haven't done anything since to resolve.

Spec in my signature, using Win 7 as OS.

Associate
Sick of comp mode quitters.

Destroy a team with great teamwork, one of them RQs and you get almost no xp for the win.

Another game it's 6v1 after multiple RQs, I'm torb sat by my upgraded turret, trying to entertain myself in chat while the last guy doesn't leave spawn, and get kicked for idle.

Why is it you get punished when the other team quits? I hope I don't have to wait much longer for a fix as it's really sapping the fun out of comp play.

Soldato

Destroy a team with great teamwork, one of them RQs and you get almost no xp for the win.

Another game it's 6v1 after multiple RQs, I'm torb sat by my upgraded turret, trying to entertain myself in chat while the last guy doesn't leave spawn, and get kicked for idle.

Why is it you get punished when the other team quits? I hope I don't have to wait much longer for a fix as it's really sapping the fun out of comp play.

This, if someone quits even as 5v6 you are pretty much garentied to lose so ends up having a cascade effect. Especially after the first person leaves the rest can leave without being penalised, but if you stay and obv lose you will lose a massive chunk of a rank level.

Soldato

I had a long game last night, really good close game, then one of the opposition left half way through overtime, we won and got hardly any XP, felt robbed after such a long game.

Back
Top Bottom