1070 & 1080 Gaming Laptops

Associate
I'm in the process of saving up for a very decent gaming laptop as my desktop days are now sadly over with, which i intend to buy in the next 2 to 3 months if all goes well.

I will have around 2K to spend on one, so hopefully will have enough for either a 1070 or possibly a 1080 when the time comes to buy one.

Any idea when we actually start seeing laptops with Nvidia's latest GPU's?.

Soldato
I haven't seen any specific dates unfortunately, I am willing to bet it will be a little while yet and very expensive when they come out but have you considered getting something like an Alienware laptop and using the 'Amplifier' they sell?

Associate
Im in the same boat really. Strongly considering an XPS15 but i would love one with a 10 series card.

I saw this article and decided to wait until September to see what happens as im in no rush to buy - http://www.pcgamer.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1070-and-1080-coming-to-gaming-notebooks/

There is very little info as far as i have seen so i wouldn't be surprised if it was as far as next year when we see them shipped in laptops

Associate
I'm in the process of saving up for a very decent gaming laptop as my desktop days are now sadly over with, which i intend to buy in the next 2 to 3 months if all goes well.

I will have around 2K to spend on one, so hopefully will have enough for either a 1070 or possibly a 1080 when the time comes to buy one.

Any idea when we actually start seeing laptops with Nvidia's latest GPU's?.

If you can't wait another option is to buy a laptop with a thunderbolt 3 socket and get the asus rog xg station 2 when it's released later in the year and stuff a 1080 in there!

Associate
Hmmmm Nvidia 1080 or 1070 you say.

k7AQejg.jpg.png

Well I guess MSI must have something in the pipeline...

Although after being rather underwhelmed with the overall experience of the GT60 I purchased almost 2 years ago, I'll wait to see what the reviews are like - particularly around cooling and noise.

Soldato
I've just bought an xps15 and the 960m in it is pretty capable considering its age.

As mentioned thunderbolt 3 will be key as I could indeed get an external graphics enclosure and use a top end card in it someday if I really wanted more graphical grunt!

Associate
Very nearly bought a Dell XPS 15 but waited for news from Computex and have been totally underwhelmed with announcements from Nvidia or partners about the future mobility cards.

Certainly won't be buying anything this summer given the chance of a imminent announcement (hopefully!)

Man of Honour
I've not looked back since ditching the desktop. Although these beasts aren't exactly portable it's still far more versatile. I've got a Asus ROG G751J with a 980M and decent cpu and it's a very capable machine indeed, but I will still want to update it when the new ones are out. So I'm keeping my eyes peeled.

Associate
I've not looked back since ditching the desktop. Although these beasts aren't exactly portable it's still far more versatile. I've got a Asus ROG G751J with a 980M and decent cpu and it's a very capable machine indeed, but I will still want to update it when the new ones are out. So I'm keeping my eyes peeled.

I've got the Asus G751 with the 970M and it's keeping me very happy indeed, but I'll be keeping a beady eye on the progress of the new range of Asus ROG machines with the 10XX cards, too as quite frankly I doubt there's a better gaming laptop range out there in terms of noise, heat and performance.

Back
Top Bottom