** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Associate
Well if predictions that market analyst are making things are only going to get more expensive, if rate drops to 1.20 then cards will see another £70 or so increase.

Its a complete disaster, because if we had voted to stay in, prices would have actually got better, not worse, this would resulted in even more sales and a stronger economy in the short term.

Lets hope UK gets back on its feet sooner rather than later.

But buying overseas goods doesn't help our national balance of payments. The devaluation of Stirling makes UK goods cheaper for the world to buy but makes it more expensive for us to purchase imported goods, like graphics cards. This should increase the amount of jobs in our economy.

Also, our national debt is held in £, so a devaluation actually decreases the value of our debt, another bonus.

Inflation could be a problem, but if people stop buying things like expensive graphics cards then it should be ok. If not, then interest rates will have to rise.

So not a complete disaster, really.

Associate
It'd be interesting to know how big the shipment that they received was so that we could all approximate our new position in the queue. :)

They haven't got the shipment yet:

"Dear Andrew Gilbert,

Thank you for your webnote,

Unfortunately Andrew the estimated we provided of the 1st of July was not met by our suppliers so we're currently waiting on an updated ETA. Our product purchaser has informed us that we're expecting a delivery within the week, so hopefully this is the case!

Apologies for the delay, we hope to get your card to you as soon as physically possible.

Regards,

Liam F"

RIP high framerates and low temperatures :(

Associate

"Dear Andrew Gilbert,

Unfortunately Andrew the estimated we provided of the 1st of July was not met by our suppliers so we're currently waiting on an updated ETA. Our product purchaser has informed us that we're expecting a delivery within the week, so hopefully this is the case!

Apologies for the delay, we hope to get your card to you as soon as physically possible.

Regards,

Liam F"

Shame, here is to hoping for the both of us thats its a big shipment !

P.s. Had ATI so far so have gotten used to being able to boil water just in the vicinity of my card. Going to need a blanket to keep warm once this arrives :D

Associate
Still waiting for 1080 Strix

"Dear Andrew Gilbert,

Regards,

Liam F"

It's now about to go into Friday and I cannot get any reply other than "They will be any day now"; which I've been told the last 4 days, this is rapidly becoming a joke and I'm considering cancelling my order. Been without a GPU for roughly a month now :mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:
Associate
It's now about to go into Friday and I cannot get any reply other than "They will be any day now"; which I've been told the last 4 days, this is rapidly becoming a joke and I'm considering cancelling my order. Been without a GPU for roughly a month now :mad::mad::mad:

I'd be considering it but for the fact of what's happened to GPU prices in the last month.

Soldato
Worth following the other thread in the graphics card section, few more updates from Gibbo and Ben @ EVGA

(As an aside, I've always wondered why they post the same thing twice, it just causes confusion between the 2 threads to me :p )

Back
Top Bottom