Pokemon GO! (2016)

Soldato
I don't think the pokestops refreshing quick is a big deal as balls arnt that valuable, and eggs take time/distance to incubate.
There should be a trade feature though, and the gym battles are a bit meh, should be turn based so you can think about what you are doing instead of just tapping. Seems a bit hit and miss.

kbc

kbc

Associate
Not out in the UK officially and Niantic is now delaying the EU release until they sort their servers out.

You can however change your Apple account region to the US to download it.

How you do this? When I do it, it says I need a credit card, and obviously I have one but since my billing address is UK - it doesn't switch the region?

Soldato
How you do this? When I do it, it says I need a credit card, and obviously I have one but since my billing address is UK - it doesn't switch the region?

I don't know, I'm an Android user :p. But:

I just change my region to US and my address to a random one in LA and it works without issue. No need for a seperate account.

Soldato

sign out of app store
go to settings general location change to usa
go to app store try to download a free app
Create a new account based in USA
Bill none
google a random address for usa and setup a new email address.
it will then change to usa app store.

Once installed do reverse to get back to normal UK app store

Caporegime
Oh yeah, forgot no trading either. This game really does stretch the definition of a Pokemon game thin :(.

No trading, no turn based combat, no Pokémon levels or experience gaining, no battling wild Pokemon, no PvP... :(.

Associate
Feel it has huge potential, And catching Pokemon does bring back that old feeling oddly.

Got a few fairly decent Pokemon already, It is a shame they have fully delayed release in the UK, I am super glad us geeky ones know how to get around it :)

Caporegime
Pokemon do level up and evolve.

Not through gaining XP from battles they don't. You just 'buy' them. I evolved a Rattata through doing nothing more than simply catching and then transferring a bunch of Rattatas. The one I evolved had never battled and was just the one I randomly picked.

The game lacks almost all of the core mechanics of Pokemon, and its not things that will be easy to add later. The trailer says Go Catch, Go Trade, Go Battle and Go Play Together. 3 of those 4 things are missing.

I've actually resorted to playing Emerald on a GBA emulator instead :p

Last edited:
Associate
Cannot believe how popular this is even though its not out over here yet.
Took a little walk through town last night and must have spotted 20+ people walking around playing.

Also found a gym with 2 team standing next to it fighting constantly for control. Honestly feels like the mid 90s again. Its nuts!

Hope this get released over here for real soon, everyone and their mum will be playing it.

Soldato
Ugh im really wanting to play now >_<

Is what i have heard possible, that if i load the APK and it does eventually come out and i then download from the playstore, i will lose data?

Seems pointless doing it if this is the case :(

Back
Top Bottom