***The Vapers Lounge*** 3.0

Soldato
Ended up buying the 2x batteries from batteryplus and the single charger for 5.99 from ebay as theres very little savings if i got the charger from FT id only save a quid if that.

Oh bought some of that blue slush juice from Rejuiced, sounds nice and i like slushies so hopefully id like it. I paid for the extra shot version and 30ml which came to just a little over a fiver. Not bad i suppose. I picked for the first time 0 nic as im wondering if i even need it in my ejuice as if i enjoy it without needing it then win win i think.

Edit - Can someone please help. Can someone confirm if i just bought the pico on its own without any melo 3 mini, or does it actually come with the melo 3 mini. Im confused by the titles.

https://www.fasttech.com/p/4468200
Says in title
Authentic Eleaf iStick Pico 75W TC VW APV Box Mod Kit - For $34.

But theres others that say.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/3...thentic-eleaf-istick-pico-75w-tc-vw-apv-mod-w
Authentic Eleaf iStick Pico 75W TC VW APV Mod w/ MELO III Mini Clearomizer Kit For $37

True the mini looks like its black so might add to cost but the title of the item for sale says w/ melo 3 mini but the one i bought doesnt it just says box mod kit.

I hope i got it with the melo 3 mini included as thats why i bought it as thought it was good value.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hey guys, I hope one of you top guys can help me out here.

For the moment the only atty I have is the theorem with the notch coils, im using it on my rx200 and trying to use it in TC mode.

Now ive selected SS, set to 350f and around 40 watts, locked cold resistance at 0.28ohm and it hits temp protection too fast, resulting in weak flavour and vapour.
Now is there something else i need to do, is the SS setting on the rx200 correct for the grade of the notch coil.. I think they are 316 I dunno.

Losing the will to vape at the moment, stinkies are looking more appealing.

Please help.

350F is way too low a temp, you should be safe upto 420F or 200C before you will risk any cotton burn, so turn your TC limit up m8.
Secondly, the Theorem is not so good for TC due to the way the airflow comes from above, make sure your coil is high off the deck and close to the airflow slot, also use the dual airflow ring.

Don
OP
Ended up buying the 2x batteries from batteryplus and the single charger for 5.99 from ebay as theres very little savings if i got the charger from FT id only save a quid if that.

Oh bought some of that blue slush juice from Rejuiced, sounds nice and i like slushies so hopefully id like it. I paid for the extra shot version and 30ml which came to just a little over a fiver. Not bad i suppose. I picked for the first time 0 nic as im wondering if i even need it in my ejuice as if i enjoy it without needing it then win win i think.

Edit - Can someone please help. Can someone confirm if i just bought the pico on its own without any melo 3 mini, or does it actually come with the melo 3 mini. Im confused by the titles.

https://www.fasttech.com/p/4468200
Says in title
Authentic Eleaf iStick Pico 75W TC VW APV Box Mod Kit - For $34.

But theres others that say.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/3...thentic-eleaf-istick-pico-75w-tc-vw-apv-mod-w
Authentic Eleaf iStick Pico 75W TC VW APV Mod w/ MELO III Mini Clearomizer Kit For $37

True the mini looks like its black so might add to cost but the title of the item for sale says w/ melo 3 mini but the one i bought doesnt it just says box mod kit.

I hope i got it with the melo 3 mini included as thats why i bought it as thought it was good value.

Both of them have the Melo 3 included. The other one is more expensive because it's the cool 'all black' version I guess.
I don't think you really needed to buy the external charger. I charge my batteries in the Pico with the USB lead. Never had a problem.

Don
OP
Really liking the Augvape Merlin. No leaks and the flavour is excellent. Quite impressive vapour production for a single coil tank too. It's mega easy to build and wick too because it seems that it's pretty much impossible to wick it wrong.
Build quality is excellent too with smooth threads and a quality finish.
I put a 26/32 316L Clapton in there. 6 wraps over 2.5mm for 0.55 Ohms. Vaping lovely at 35W.

Soldato
350F is way too low a temp, you should be safe upto 420F or 200C before you will risk any cotton burn, so turn your TC limit up m8.
Secondly, the Theorem is not so good for TC due to the way the airflow comes from above, make sure your coil is high off the deck and close to the airflow slot, also use the dual airflow ring.

I've got the dual airflow installed, I already raised the coil, as it looked way too low, ill try the temp increase, i wasnt sure what grade SS the rx200 is set for or the grade of SS of the notch coils to be honest, so no idea if its running correctly.

Soldato
The 2x original Serpent Mini's & Pico's are in the mail somewhere, whether that's in china on in the UK, or somewhere inbetween, I've no idea :D :)()

here's how the tracking looks;

Pico's;

2016-06-20 10:24 Guangzhou Terminal, leave the
2016-06-20 10:24 Guangzhou Terminal, left hand navigation
2016-06-20 10:12 Guangzhou Terminal, arrival
2016-06-18 12:35 Guangzhou Terminal, left hand navigation
2016-06-18 08:23 Guangzhou Terminal, arrival
2016-06-16 11:01 Guangzhou Terminal, left hand navigation
2016-06-16 10:52 Guangzhou Terminal, arrival
2016-06-15 14:18 Exchange Bureau in Guangzhou, have been exported directly
2016-06-15 13:27 Exchange Bureau in Guangzhou, have been exported to open
2016-06-14 23:05 Post Office philatelic requesting direct mail advertising company in Zhongshan city, away, the next station "Zhongshan"
2016-06-14 22:04 Zhongshan City Post Office philatelic requesting direct mail advertising company, has
2016-06-14 20:59 Zhongshan City Post Office philatelic requesting direct mail advertising company, has received send

Serpent Mini's;

2016-06-26 16:30 Guangzhou Terminal, leave the
2016-06-26 16:30 Guangzhou Terminal, left hand navigation
2016-06-26 12:00 Guangzhou Terminal, arrival
2016-06-15 16:37 Guangzhou Terminal, left hand navigation
2016-06-15 16:34 Guangzhou Terminal, arrival
2016-06-14 17:44 Exchange Bureau in Guangzhou, have been exported directly
2016-06-14 14:48 Exchange Bureau in Guangzhou, have been exported to open
2016-06-13 22:49 Post Office philatelic requesting direct mail advertising company in Zhongshan city, away, the next station "Zhongshan"
2016-06-13 20:08 Zhongshan City Post Office philatelic requesting direct mail advertising company, has
2016-06-13 19:20 Zhongshan City Post Office philatelic requesting direct mail advertising company, has received send

Reason I asked is because since my package left the terminal tracking seemed dead! Although just to update I checked Royal Mail and it landed in the UK on the 7th and arrived today finally... 6th June I placed my order but nevermind!

Going to play around with builds but so far enjoying the Serpent Mini, Any build inspiration for this thing guys? :D I went with the black version paired with a black VTC Mini and it looks greatI

Last edited:
Soldato
No FT order I've placed this year has updated past 'Leaving the terminal'. Even RM tracking once its in the UK does nothing past 'Arrived at WDC'. Generally takes between 7-10 working days from it 'leaving the terminal' to be delivered.

Hasn't always been like this, orders I placed last year would update completely and take 1-2 days from arrival at WDC to me getting a delivery.

Permabanned
After almost 6 months of using nothing but RTA's/RDA's, I decided to take a punt on the TFV8.

Quite looking forward to just throwing some juice into a tank and not having to worry for a few weeks. Apparently has quite a decent RBA section too.

Will update tomorrow with my thoughts :)

Soldato
No FT order I've placed this year has updated past 'Leaving the terminal'. Even RM tracking once its in the UK does nothing past 'Arrived at WDC'. Generally takes between 7-10 working days from it 'leaving the terminal' to be delivered.

Hasn't always been like this, orders I placed last year would update completely and take 1-2 days from arrival at WDC to me getting a delivery.

I've always had 'Arrived at heathrow' about a week tops after it's left China, then will typically be in my hands within a few days.

Associate
PrimusG4.jpg

Koopor Primus with Smok TF RTA with G4 deck.

Soldato
I've always had 'Arrived at heathrow' about a week tops after it's left China, then will typically be in my hands within a few days.

I think I'm going to explore other delivery options on my next order even if it costs a little more, the Chinese side of things appears to be spot on, it's when it arrives with RM the waiting begins.

Got my jackamoo stuff on Friday, verdict so far, all tested on a tsunami 24 with a dual 6+5 wrap staged flat Clapton+24awg a1 3mm build, comes out at 0.13 running at 130w...

Pink lemonade: not bad, smells like vo man flu, tastes like lager tops, 6/10

Pink jizz: pinkman clone, not bad, flavors a little too subtle, like mixing pinkman at 10% rather then 20% 7/10

Blue Berg: Heisenberg clone, again flavor is very subtle compared to the real thing, not a bad thing in this case as I find the genuine stuff for too heavy on the aneseed side 9/10

Associate
Can anyone explain why the massive variance in resistance i get is a thing??

I have a Herakles Plus using Ni200 coils, freshly cleaned and new coil the resistance reading is 0.22 which is close to the 0.2, now in order to get a good vape i need a 100w ramp up and 600F and its great. but then after a few hits the resistance goes up to ~0.44 and i need to turn it down to 390F and yes it vapes perfectly, but even once the resistance is locked to 0.22 i still find myself having to turn down the temperature as it im sure the resistance still goes up.

Am i doing something wrong?

Soldato
Can anyone explain why the massive variance in resistance i get is a thing??

I have a Herakles Plus using Ni200 coils, freshly cleaned and new coil the resistance reading is 0.22 which is close to the 0.2, now in order to get a good vape i need a 100w ramp up and 600F and its great. but then after a few hits the resistance goes up to ~0.44 and i need to turn it down to 390F and yes it vapes perfectly, but even once the resistance is locked to 0.22 i still find myself having to turn down the temperature as it im sure the resistance still goes up.

Am i doing something wrong?

Certain wire like ni200 resistance are more affected by heat than others and you can map the resistance against the heat they produce with great accuracy, so they are used for temperature control.

basically the hotter it gets the more the resistance will become till snapping/melting point. you want to lock the resistance of the coil when both the coil and mod is at room temperature, and adjust the the temperature to suite the vape. locking the resistance when the coil is hot will mean that the it's actually getting hotter than you are setting the temp limit to.

Having said that, I can't stand temp control and think it's a waste of time. :)

Soldato
Anyone wanting to try a great example of blue slush, it's definitely worth giving the rejuiced take on it a try, very flavoursome with a tiny hint of menthol, very refreshing for days like today! *

* no I'm not on commission :p

Associate
Still cant get off the stinkies, even with a good setup.

I have around 6/7 cigs a day, BnH silver and I'm using 0.6MG liquid - should I up the strength?

Is there anywhere to buy nicotine that I can add to my liquids?

Soldato
Anyone wanting to try a great example of blue slush, it's definitely worth giving the rejuiced take on it a try, very flavoursome with a tiny hint of menthol, very refreshing for days like today! *

* no I'm not on commission :p

I may have to, I tried someones blue slush last year, I just remember it tasting like sickly bubblegum rather then blueberry slush puppy.

You go for the flavor shot or just regular?

Back
Top Bottom