• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Associate
Soldato
Fortunately I have a pair of 1080 FEs with water blocks to keep me company whilst I wait for the Strix so to be honest I'm not terribly bothered by its absence. :p

It's more of a mild disgruntlement about the lack of info that's wound me up rather than a need for the card. Still each to their own.

Seems strange why you have bought 2 FE with blocks whilst you wait for Strix cards? For pretty much 0 performance increase.

Seems a bit of a waste really.

Associate
I see the clocks are out for the classified, does that mean were only two weeks away from getting some stock.

EVGA Classified same base and boost clock as the FTW.......WTF? Makes the FTW an even better deal...when it was first released and priced back in May...kind of kicking myself over that...

Associate
Well been using the ftw edition for a good few hours. Don't get me wrong it's an improvement over my 980 TI, but not an absolutely massive one getting around 10-20 fps more in 4K. Dark souls 3 actually dips a little lower on the fps than my 980 TI . I average 50-60 fps on the 1080 and on the 980 ti was locked on 60.

I done a clean install as well.

Sigh been pulled under the hype train again lol!

Last edited:
Soldato
Well been using the ftw edition for a good few hours. Don't get me wrong it's an improvement over my 980 TI, but not an absolutely massive one getting around 10-20 fps more in 4K. Dark souls 3 actually dips a little lower on the fps than my 980 TI . I average 50-60 fps on the 1080 and on the 980 ti was locked on 60.

I done a clean install as well.

Sigh been pulled under the hype train again lol!

It should be 20-30% faster then a 980Ti. Did you use DDU before installing new drivers? I would look at afterburner and check clock speeds.

Associate
Seems strange why you have bought 2 FE with blocks whilst you wait for Strix cards? For pretty much 0 performance increase.

Seems a bit of a waste really.

You are assuming that I only have a single PC, as I have multiple due to running a business then I have need of a number of 1080s. The FE with water blocks will easily outperform the Strix but not all PCs can be water cooled. Each card has its place.

Associate
I'll say one thing that I've had time to appreciate as I sit with intel's iGPU waiting for my STRIX - MGS V's Fox engine must have had some serious voodoo magic worked on it to get this optimised.

Associate
I'll say one thing that I've had time to appreciate as I sit with intel's iGPU waiting for my STRIX - MGS V's Fox engine must have had some serious voodoo magic worked on it to get this optimised.

Running on a 6600k igpu since Xmas waiting for pascal. The pain is real. Cant even play home-world remastered at at >720p on it. Dota runs at 40fps with medium settings

Back
Top Bottom