• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Associate
Can I ask when you ordered? I'm hopefully somewhere near you in the queue but I can't be sure because I used Amazon payment.

That doesn't stop you putting up a webnote and asking (provided you have your original order email still).

I was 64th when I ordered at about 2pm on release day, as of Saturday I was 22nd.

Rather hoping that means I'm getting a delivery this week. Either that or ASUS should just admit that the OC Strix is an enormous practical joke and nobody has ever had any.

Associate
I just chased down my DPD driver through the streets of London using the live tracking tool to see where he was and get my card 3 hours early.. A wild FTW appeared!

wKZ9N9p.jpg.png

Last edited:
Associate
Delivery driver isn't really supposed to do that.. but I guess it shortens his day.

He was literally 2 streets away but 3 hours away, and I explained I have stuff to do today so he let me sign a form and take it there and then. Had my passport with me just in case too!

Associate
I'm British. If you move out of a queue, you should know 2 things:

• You leave the queue you're in and join the new one (in this case, a new graphics card) at the back
  • Your old queue will now go much quicker :p

I really don't know why this isn't the way with the queue system. You researched, chose and purchased the card you did. If you move to another item, surely you go to the back? Otherwise you can just Pre-Order the first card you see ASAP, then make your final decision later based on reviews/stock/etc...

Had my Rift for so long, unused, it's literally got dust on it.

Admittedly I did wait until 31 May 2016 13:01:00 before ordering Strix OC as wasn't sure which to get. The dual HDMI sockets (plus Asus component history) was what sold me.

Currently 168th in line as of today.

Anyone out there got good tips on going for an FE or otherwise in-stock and stripping down and adding an aftermarket watercooler? I've been in the process of moving house so haven't cared too much so far, but now I'm wanting to move on with my life...

Associate
That doesn't stop you putting up a webnote and asking (provided you have your original order email still).

I was 64th when I ordered at about 2pm on release day, as of Saturday I was 22nd.

Rather hoping that means I'm getting a delivery this week. Either that or ASUS should just admit that the OC Strix is an enormous practical joke and nobody has ever had any.

I did ask and was told "i cannot check your position in the queue as you ordered via amazon payments". I ordered at 22:31 on May 27th.

Associate
Yeah that's straight up wrong. I found out my queue position because I emailed support all worried that my order wasn't showing up on the OCUK site and was told that it was fine and it wouldn't show up on OCUK until they processed payment and also this was my queue number.

Associate
Currently 168th in line as of today.

Anyone out there got good tips on going for an FE or otherwise in-stock and stripping down and adding an aftermarket watercooler? I've been in the process of moving house so haven't cared too much so far, but now I'm wanting to move on with my life...

If you are willing to put in the work then just get an FE and order a waterblock from EK. Or get someone else to do the work for you and order with a block fitted from OCUK.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...-fe-water-cooled-graphics-card-wc-14l-tl.html

It will easily out perform the strix if reviews are anything to go by. The only thing that really appears to matter with the 1080s is the cooling hence why some of the best cards are coming from the cheaper brands this time round.

Associate
Can I ask when you ordered? I'm hopefully somewhere near you in the queue but I can't be sure because I used Amazon payment.

About 10pm May 27th. I used Amazon Payment too. (Sidenote: thats really paid off for me as I locked in the £619 pricing but 'Amazon Payment' means not being charged till shipping, thus I didn't lock in the pre Brexit exchange rate. At current exchange rates my Strix will cost me €725 instead of the €835 I initially expected to pay)

The webnote system and OCUK website order page won't recognise your order number till your item ships when paid via Amazon but CS reps systems will recognise the number. Either ring them or post in the CS forum above. Stig has given me updates several times in my thread there very quickly. The CS forum sections look empty but thats because only ones own thread is visible. Once you post your thread it'll be visible to the CS reps and yourself.

Associate
So the thing is my guess is that right now the OC you can get off a 1080 is going to be mostly down to whether or not you win the silicon lottery - and a Strix OC card is one that ASUS has already tested to win the lottery.

Associate
About 10pm May 27th. I used Amazon Payment too. (Sidenote: thats really paid off for me as I locked in the £619 pricing but 'Amazon Payment' means not being charged till shipping, thus I didn't lock in the pre Brexit exchange rate. At current exchange rates my Strix will cost me €725 instead of the €835 I initially expected to pay)

The webnote system and OCUK website order page won't recognise your order number till your item ships when paid via Amazon but CS reps systems will recognise the number. Either ring them or post in the CS forum above. Stig has given me updates several times in my thread there very quickly. The CS forum sections look empty but thats because only ones own thread is visible. Once you post your thread it'll be visible to the CS reps and yourself.

Had better luck with the CS forum than the webnote. They just got back to me that I'm 60th. Hopefully the end of next week then, although at this rate who knows...

Caporegime
I really don't know why this isn't the way with the queue system. You researched, chose and purchased the card you did. If you move to another item, surely you go to the back? Otherwise you can just Pre-Order the first card you see ASAP, then make your final decision later based on reviews/stock/etc...

Well that is indeed how ocuk operate their ordering system so yes with hindsight, you were best off clicking any card as soon as it became available (ignoring in stock flounders) and then took your time to decide on which card.

Like you I waited to decide which AIB might be best which is why I still have a G1 and FTW on pre order.

On the other hand I own a Palit Super Jetstream now which might end up being the best card anyway.

Back
Top Bottom