• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Caporegime
If you are willing to put in the work then just get an FE and order a waterblock from EK. Or get someone else to do the work for you and order with a block fitted from OCUK.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/giga...-fe-water-cooled-graphics-card-wc-14l-tl.html

It will easily out perform the strix if reviews are anything to go by. The only thing that really appears to matter with the 1080s is the cooling hence why some of the best cards are coming from the cheaper brands this time round.

This. The 1080 starts to reduce its boost from 50C and then plummets off a cliff at 83C.

If you can keep your card below 50C then 2100 seems achievable by practically any card.

Thats why the monster 3 slot coolers seem to be getting the best max oc as they are keeping the 1080 cooler.

Associate
Ben, will there be a shipment at about the same time this week? Finally far enough up the SC queue to be in for a chance of getting it this week if that's the case.

Associate
I'm British. If you move out of a queue, you should know 2 things:

• You leave the queue you're in and join the new one (in this case, a new graphics card) at the back
  • Your old queue will now go much quicker :p

My place (evga ftw) only went down only 25 places from 115th to 90th with the last shipment. Pretty frustrating considering 50 were sent out. The idea of waiting another 4 weeks at this rate KILLS me. Let's hope Ben @ EVGA can work his magic and get more units to OCUK.

Associate
Sorry if I'm repeating previous questions, but has there been any sort of ETA on the EVGA 1080 Hybrid?

Also, with the pre-order, do you pay the price it was when you pre-ordered, or the current price...?

Thanks.

Associate
@ wetflannel I was pushed down 36 places in 4 days for the ftw it seems Asus are not inspiring their customers to stay and a lot have moved to the ftw as they must have been pretty high up the list .This has happened all 3 times I have checked my place in the queue and I was hoping they would all go for something that was in stock rather than pushing us another 4 to 5 weeks down the line . Well thats assuming the amount of cards to OC remains the same .To be going backwards in a queue after 6 weeks waiting is infuriating
I think 50 a week to a retailer like OC is abysmal and the longer it takes the further down the queue we go . We were told production would ramp up in July but nearly halfway through and I can see no change and certainly no light at the end of the long long tunnel .:confused:

Last edited:
Associate
Anybody have any idea when the classifieds are arriving? Tbh for those that are waiting, I'd recommend just buying one on Amazon to use for 30 days and then return it. Hopefully in that time the card you actually want will arrive...

Associate
Anybody have any idea when the classifieds are arriving? Tbh for those that are waiting, I'd recommend just buying one on Amazon to use for 30 days and then return it. Hopefully in that time the card you actually want will arrive...

I believe ben from evga mention 2/3 weeks for classy, as clocks have been published now.

With regard to getting a card from forest and returning after 30, I assume you dont believe thats a bit cheap and scumbag? Tsk

Associate
Yeah but so is raising prices by over £100, and accepting pre-orders with no idea of arrival dates. I have no sympathy for retailers anymore :|

Fair enough r.e. the classy though. Does it still look as beefy as everyone was hoping, or is the Xtreme looking to be more powerful?

edit: Clocks are identical to the FTW... will this card really be worth it? Here is hoping when watercooled it'll overclock well...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom