What have you done to your car today?

Associate
Fitted set of Osram Xenarc Night Breaker HID bulbs to the ST this evening - bit of a stab in the dark d;) doing the swap as I couldn't find much info on how the original ones come out.

Didn't look instantly obvious pulling the headlamp off and removing the bulb cover but worked it out in the end. There's a plastic ring you have to turn to unlock the bulb but access is limited and the access hole is offset compared to the lamp. The ring then has to be swapped over to the new bulb to refit it.

First one went ok, the other side was a bit of a pain but got there in the end.

Waiting for it to go dark now to give them a try.

Soldato
Installed the reverse camera on my mazda, took a few minutes trying to figure out how to route cable from reverse lights which are on the boot lid to the bumper.. got there in the end, around 2hours to do it with a lot of swearing and volt meter love due to all black cables, thanks mazda.

Not happy with alignment yet but I think it looks reasonable, can't go wrong for 12 notes.

Soldato
Not exactly OEM looking... Do you really need a reversing camera on a 3 though? Not exactly a huge rear overhang or lacking in visibility?

You can't actually see it unless you squat down, it's not visible really:) yeah why not, any help is appreciated when parking here in London! But I personally find the visibility pretty bad, hard to see where the back end is tbh.

I always end up a foot or so further than I think I am.

Last edited:
Soldato
Spent the evening putting dads Golf back together, just the rest of the trims and a wheel refurb and she's good to go. Also front bumper adjustment.

These repro wings were horrid to line, not to self, don't crash mine, I don't want that crap!

Ooc64oV.jpg

Associate
Sub in the boot of the 1'r

IMG_2615.jpg
[/url]

Soldato
Was a pain for me to get this information. So hopefully will help someone else when they google for this.

Mazda 3 2014 (onwards) model has smart city brakes (AEB), rain sensors and lane detection.

Autoglass replace the manufacturer windscreen with an identical one produced by the same people (minus the mazda badge). The fit was perfect. The sensors don't require recalibration.

Before:
20160708_083713.jpg
After:
20160712_133341.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Coupled with a Kenwood stereo and a Pioneer in-car amp?

Lol, oh the dreams of a spotty 18 year old eh :/

The whole install sounds amazing tied to a 1500w Hertz Amp, Focal front end and Audison Bit10. Apart from the "old school" Sub it looks completely stock.

Never had a kenwood or pioneer? Any good?? :rolleyes:

Soldato
Soldato
I don't see the problem either. There is such a thing as quality as well as quantity. I've been half tempted to fit a small sub in order to give the lower frequencies a bit more heft.

Back
Top Bottom