• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Does the 1080 Strix actually exist?

Associate
I remember when i ordered the 1080 strix i was told i was #70 in the queue back in June, we are nearly in August now and still no sign of the 1080 strix, were they recalled or something?

Associate
Low 20's. Still hoping against hope that if the batch that was promised last week appears then I'll get mine this week. Seems unlikely now.

Associate
It would be nice to have had an official update email from OCs explaining what the issue is, even if it's "no stock yet because…". It's just good customer service. I appreciate they might be concerned that pre-order customers might cancel their order if they are told "no ETA yet" however customers most likely won't cancel IF they cannot get the product elsewhere anyway, which is most likely the case here.

Associate
for people still in the 3 digits waiting line I'd just cancel, seriously the fact you've had £600+ taken out of your account and nothing to show for it, that's what ****** me off in the end and just grabbed a 980 Ti and wait untill big pascal :)

Associate
It would be nice to have had an official update email from OCs explaining what the issue is, even if it's "no stock yet because…". It's just good customer service. I appreciate they might be concerned that pre-order customers might cancel their order if they are told "no ETA yet" however customers most likely won't cancel IF they cannot get the product elsewhere anyway, which is most likely the case here.

I agree, I'd rather know "You'll be waiting another 1-2 weeks" rather than hearing nothing. Shouldn't need to come onto the forums for information, customers should be updated by email.

Soldato
Patterson_still.jpg

This guy told me they do exist and later on that evening, two men in dark glasses came round to tell me that "there are no supply problems". They said they were from Nvidia.

Associate
Some of Denmark Online retail just got some (20+) today so I think EU retails should get it very soon. Oh wait you are not in EU anymore muhahaah.....joke aside. Gigabyte will send some more GPU to retail this week or next week.

I got a good feelings that we'll see more GTX 1080 before the end of this month.

I ordered a Gigabyte GTX 1080 Waterforce (from Caseking) and hopefully I'll get it tomorrow. Since I play on GTX 670 so its a big upgrade for me so I cannot wait! :D

Associate
I see there is a lot of interest in the STRIX, is this model supposed to be one of the best ones to get, when it finally arrives.
I see that it is factory overclocked, is this done in a ROM onboard and not software controlled

Back
Top Bottom