Unreal Tournament news on the horizon!

Permabanned
Played last night.

Not the best update, many players moaning online.

The sound is the biggest complaint. There are some improvements but it's mostly bad. Sniper ricochet being the worst by far it is utterly deafening :/

Flak has a better spread.

Minor buff for rockets even though 50% of kills are RL? Whatever, fine by me.

FPS improvements.

Removed rank status on score board.

A mixed bag really.

Soldato
UT was the dogs proverbials.
2003 was released, they instantly realised their mistake and thankfully made good with 2004
When 2007 was released they renamed it to UT3 and sure, thats fine, it had some great visuals etc, and it was an overall great game, but by now, we have gone so far off UT99 that its no longer Version XYZ of said game, it wasa completely different game altogether.

To relaunch UT 99 with todays capabilities would be something special.

It could also utterly destroy the game too!

There is ONLY one way to play such games, and that is with Keyboard and Mouse, and so tablet and xbox or PlayStation gamers can simply get lost. If the games controls are adjusted to cater for those morons, then I will be horrified.

Associate
Lol. Stupid update wipes my key binds and then crashes when I try to go into weapon settings.

I'm at work so can't remember the exact path but it's something like mydocs/unrealtournament/saved/. In here move or delete the files in the 'paks' folder. That should solve your crashing to desktop in the weapon settings.

Caporegime
UT was the dogs proverbials.
2003 was released, they instantly realised their mistake and thankfully made good with 2004
When 2007 was released they renamed it to UT3 and sure, thats fine, it had some great visuals etc, and it was an overall great game, but by now, we have gone so far off UT99 that its no longer Version XYZ of said game, it wasa completely different game altogether.

To relaunch UT 99 with todays capabilities would be something special.

It could also utterly destroy the game too!

There is ONLY one way to play such games, and that is with Keyboard and Mouse, and so tablet and xbox or PlayStation gamers can simply get lost. If the games controls are adjusted to cater for those morons, then I will be horrified.

Yep a proper re-release of UT99 would be epic, this latest version plays ok but is a shadow of the original.

The number of hours we poured into UT99 is ridiculous, some amazing LAN party memories, still play the steam release of the game a few times a week :p

Associate
Great to see others are enjoying the Alpha as much as me:cool:

The new build not so much... everything just seems clunky where as the last build felt slick and smooth:(

The respawn pause is also a bit annoying.

I'm not sure if it's a bug but the Deemer seems to respawn multiple times on occasion on Underland?

Anyway I hope to bump into some of you in game!:)

Back
Top Bottom