• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** OcUK HAS 21 CUSTOM GTX 1080 MODELS READY FOR PRE-ORDER !! **

Associate
If you paid £619.99 or less for your SC, the price is £619.99, if you paid £649.99 for your SC, then the G1 is £649.99

We are ONLY matching the price you ordered at as along as its above £619.99.

GAH! I have an SC pre-order that I would love to switch to the Zotac Amp Extreme, but I don't know if it will fit inside my BitFenix Prodigy case - it's not a case of the length, but the 2.5 bay height of the cooler. From everything I've seen, it would be extremely close...

Associate
I currently have a 295X2 in my NZXT H440 (2015) case which fits just

Is the Zotac AMP Extreme really 32.5CM ??

I thought the 295x2 was supposed to be a big card but thats only 30.5CM

I'm not convinced it's going to fit in the case :S

OcUK Staff
OP
I paid £578 so guess I will have to wait for the SC. Thanks for replying though.

Yes wait, because trust me we were rather aggressive on EVGA pre-order pricing, when stock lands and we ship it we lose quite a bit on the very early EVGA orders. OcUK launched with very aggressive and cheapest pricing in market, we sold loads and now its come to bite us in the ass because we will make losses on every one we ship.

We win some and we lose some.

Associate
Yes wait, because trust me we were rather aggressive on EVGA pre-order pricing, when stock lands and we ship it we lose quite a bit on the very early EVGA orders. OcUK launched with very aggressive and cheapest pricing in market, we sold loads and now its come to bite us in the ass because we will make losses on every one we ship.

We win some and we lose some.

I'm 4th in line as of yesterday morning. I just hope those 10 turn up tomorrow as I also paid for a Saturday delivery. If it turns up at OC Monday I might have to change the address to my works.

Associate
This is some really good customer support. I thought long and hard about taking the G1 offer but I fear I'm too far down the Strix tunnel to turn back now.

Associate
This is some really good customer support. I thought long and hard about taking the G1 offer but I fear I'm too far down the Strix tunnel to turn back now.

I agree, I'm there too but it is getting to the point where I need to give the loan card back :rolleyes:

OC have given some great support but they've been up against it. Can't fault them really :)

Associate
I got 10pc Aero OC 1080 landing with OcUK tomorrow/Friday, give our sales a call and ask them to change your regular Aero to the OC for same price as we shall have 9 units spare.

Same goes for anyone else who ordered 1080 Aero, call sales, they will swap you to OC version for no extra charge and you should have your Aero by Monday latest. :)

Card all swapped and ready to go. Thank you Gibbo, my 1080 ordeal is finally over! :D

Associate
Just in case it helps anyone still waiting, I jumped ship from the Asus Strix OC to the Gainward Phoenix GLH yesterday and got it installed today. Never owned a Gainward before so I was a bit apprehensive.

It's very quick straight out the box and in most reviews it has easily outperformed the Strix thanks to its massive cooler. It really is particularly big so worth checking it fits before you get it. Only 1.5cm spare in my Silverstone FT02 case. It also easily spans 2.5 slots. It also has a massive RGB led panel on the side that looks like a neon sign out of Blade Runner. (Can be turned off) If you can get over this then it is a very quick card.

On default fan settings its silent when idle and the fans barely spin. It will boost to about 2.05Ghz on default fan profiles out the box. Upping the fan to run at between 40-60% and it has held steady at 2.1Ghz for stress tests. It is still barely audible at this fan speed. This is all without tweaking any settings other than the fan speed so I will try some proper overclocking tonight.

If you are still waiting on the Strix then I would jump ship to one of these or the Zotac AMP that is now in stock in a heartbeat. It really does appear to be all about cooling this time round.

Had a look at reviews and its actually one of the few I'd be prepared to switch my 56th in queue Strix OC order to. Doesn't have a gaudy backplate, has removable metal trim that I could paint white like I intended to do to my Strix. I'm primarily going to use the PC for VR where SLI won't be a thing for several years yet so will be using a single GPU for the foreseeable and thus a 2.5 wide card is no issue for me. Card Sag isn't an issue because I'll be using the my case on its side. I'm sure I can work something out with the LED panel to light it up white. Missing out on the card fan controller but tbh my chosen case fans the thermaltake riings with their 3 way fan controllers mightn't even have worked with with the Strix fan ports.

So I'd switch in a Heartbeat........except OCUK seem to be out of stock of this card now too...and...I'm not paying nearly £100 extra for the privilege. Pity. I don't quite understand why OCUK won't let us switch to any card from our £619 Strix (Except for cards priced higher than current Strix pricing) If I stick with my order I get a £749 Strix for £619. Not even looking for a £20 rebate but why isn't it possible to switch my £619 Strix for a £719 Gainward GLH? OCUK's loss on my Strix would be cut by £20? Why is it only a straight swap with the Gigabyte G1?

Last edited:
Soldato
My 1080 FTW arrives tomorrow (got off someone in MM who doesn't want it having got a Strix) so anyone that was 68th or further behind in the SC queue congratulations; you just got 1 step closer to a card :p

Associate
I did post this a few pages back, Gigabyte decided to produce the Extreme PP versions first, I informed them we actually have more orders for regular Extreme and they said they will shift some production over but won't be until later/end of this month the stock lands.

Thanks Gibbo. This thread is so long that I may have missed your previous post.

Associate
Aero OC now packed and on its way!

Gibbo - thanks for your help getting the order through. Very pleased to be able to cancel the pre-orders I had with inferior competitors! Great service from the OC team.

Associate
I would swap out out my FTW preorder for the Zotac too as my case is the core x9 and has my motherboard horizontal I wouldnt even see the back plus the size certainly isnt an issue . Would be great to see the G1 swap offer extended to the Zotac amp as EVGA have let us down terribly and my new build is crying out for more power . Im afraid the G1 just isnt doing it for me

Associate
I'd swap my FTW position happily for the Zotac card, however that backplate design :D

Exactly my thoughts as well. Its bold putting such a bright yellow on the backplate. Not seen many yellow builds. I have a black/silver build so it really doesn't fit in. Such a shame as it looks like a brilliant card otherwise!

Back
Top Bottom