New cabinet

Soldato
If he succeeds in totally wrecking it, it would be another hit for the vast majority (not even just the poorest) of society again.

Sacking the sack of **** would be a reflex action for me.

Soldato
So, the department of energy and climate change has been merged into the department for business innovation and skills, to become the department for business, energy and industrial strategy. Effectively folding a brief heavily focused on climate change into a brief heavily focused on business.

Brilliant.

Soldato
So, the department of energy and climate change has been merged into the department for business innovation and skills, to become the department for business, energy and industrial strategy. Effectively folding a brief heavily focused on climate change into a brief heavily focused on business.

Brilliant.

Good, whilst the Chinese and the US continue to not give a **** about climate change us hampering our businesses with "green taxes" only puts our companies at a disadvantage and even if we did, we're so small compared to those two it the actual affect on climate change we offer ends up being like a bloke turning up at the scene of an Earthquake that's destroyed a city with a dustpan and brush.

Soldato
Good, whilst the Chinese and the US continue to not give a **** about climate change us hampering our businesses with "green taxes" only puts our companies at a disadvantage and even if we did, we're so small compared to those two it the actual affect on climate change we offer ends up being like a bloke turning up at the scene of an Earthquake that's destroyed a city with a dustpan and brush.

Brilliant attitude.

Man of Honour

Brilliant.

We're not going to be restricted by EU policies now, so emissions and so on will get punted down the field as less important

Soldato
We're not going to be restricted by EU policies now, so emissions and so on will get punted down the field as less important

It's not just an EU thing. There are international agreements on emissions, we'll have to see what happens but this is still a concern.

Soldato

Brilliant.

Makes sense to me as they are all interlinked, no point having a great climate change policy if completely separate briefs have been created for the energy / industrial sectors.

Cameron said that he wanted the UK to lead the way on green technology and it's a growing industry with potential to create a lot of jobs here so I doubt we'll just give up on it all together.

Soldato
Brilliant attitude.

It's a sadly common "fix today, **** tomorrow" attitude which always shafts us in the long run. See pensions, see oil money, many other examples but we will keep on doing it because people can't see beyond their next pay check. They'll be the same people at the front of the queue screaming when it all falls down as well :(:p:(

Soldato
Universities are back in the Department of Education which is good, but then they say this "...reforming the higher education sector to boost competition and continue to improve the quality of education that students receive" and there was me briefly thinking things might get a little better for the UK's universities :(

expect a hike in tuition fess coming to a university near you soon.

Soldato
It's not just an EU thing. There are international agreements on emissions, we'll have to see what happens but this is still a concern.

which we will hapilly ignore in the same way China does no doubt. Good to see that we are looking after our environment so our kids will have a nice clean healthy country to live in come the future.

Soldato
Brilliant attitude.

Just pragmatism my friend, when my sister became a vegetarian the local slaughter house still killed the same amount of animals.

Both the US and China generate a higher percentage of their energy from renewables than we do. It's shameful.

Capture.png

Even per capita (which the Earth doesn't care about) the Americans pollute far more than we ever could.

Soldato
you won't hear the word, but the actions will be the same. People will always hate on Osborne, but Hammond will just give us more of the same, unless he goes all Labour on the country and just recklessly spends while borrowing a ton of money at higher rates due to the UK's waning credit rating

Would that be the same Labour that actually spent less then previous Tory administrations before it?

Let's be straight here, the Tories aren't relaxing their fiscal mantra because they are feeling benevolent towards the electorate. They are doing it because they recognise just how difficult things are going to get for the British economy over the next few years.

I can't wait for all the Brexit voters to start complaining when they are being squeezed till their eyes pop. You can hear them now, boo-hoo we didn't vote for this we were promised utopia. Bring it on, let the fun and games begin. :D

Soldato
Nah, he just abstained right? Doubt he feels strongly enough to scrap it.

Although, one of the reasons it was pushed through in the first place was the EU-wide rail network plan, so who knows.

I think too much money/contracts signed has already been spent/committed.

Back
Top Bottom