84 Confirmed dead after another apparent terrorism attack in Nice, France,

Soldato
Not in anyway or form the way these attacks are being carried out no

I wont say anymore but all this political correctness is just burying souls end of.

What an utterly ignorant and foolish comment :rolleyes:

We have killed many thousands times more innocent people in Muslim lands, the reality that it was mistaken targets is obviously no comfort for the grieving families!

As for silly people claiming that our involvement in the middle east has nothing or very little to do with these terrorist attacks perhaps you should actually listen to the people who are carrying out these attacks :confused:
Many many have explicitly stated that their justification and motivation for the attacks is Western intervention and occupation of Muslim Lands, I guess they are just lying :rolleyes:

Soldato
<tinfoil hat> </tinfoil hat>

The identity papers of a 31-year-old French-Tunisian were reportedly found in the truck.

Genuine question - Why after many of these attacks are we told that the person/persons responsible were found to be carrying their identification documents, driving licences and/or passports?

Soldato
Genuine question - Why after many of these attacks are we told that the person/persons responsible were found to be carrying their identification documents, driving licences and/or passports?

Prevent unwarranted unrest against migrant community. To dampen possible concerns of non french nationals. Right wing groups are rising and i am sure the french politicians use to their media to counter the paranoia of right wingers as much as our government used the BBC to do the same.

Caporegime
Yeah, seems like the ones causing the issues wont care if civilians get targeted.

I cant believe there are people like this in the modern world that would suggest killing innocents just because of their religion. That is what he meant by Their civilians, since ISIS does not have civilian members, it is a terrorist group not a country.

Whilst technically true, they do have areas they have taken over, the 'civilians' are then essentially trapped under their rule. Theu may not take part in their actions but they are still under ISIS/Mickey mouse.

I'm assume you've never said to the guy pointing a gun at your face to get off your street? :p

Soldato
Whilst technically true, they do have areas they have taken over, the 'civilians' are then essentially trapped under their rule. Theu may not take part in their actions but they are still under ISIS/Mickey mouse.

I'm assume you've never said to the guy pointing a gun at your face to get off your street? :p

My point is that the civilians are not on ISIS' side in any way but location

Soldato
Not in anyway or form the way these attacks are being carried out no

I wont say anymore but all this political correctness is just burying souls end of.

So do you think the families of people who have died by UK air strikes are thinking...

"Well at least my loved one was vaporised by a drone and not knocked down by someone driving a an HGV"?

Associate
Think maybe that comment may not have been one of my finest moments :/

I apologise and can only hope I haven't offended too many people

Think I'm well out of my depth here :/

Caporegime

Don't believe everything you see in the media. There are plenty of civilians living under IS control who are quite happy with the way things are. Remember how Iraqi civilians initially fled when IS took over Mosul, and voluntarily returned when it became apparent that that the Iraqi army wouldn't be returning any time soon.

Soldato
Don't believe everything you see in the media. There are plenty of civilians living under IS control who are quite happy with the way things are. Remember how Iraqi civilians initially fled when IS took over Mosul, and voluntarily returned when it became apparent that that the Iraqi army wouldn't be returning any time soon.

So because people in dire circumstances had no other alternative equates to people being happy? Given the lack of a real alternative and security to protect them is it a surprise that people would rather live with some semblance of normality and security without fear of ISIS rolling up to their house taking their families killing the men and raping the women?

Question have you been to Iraq or any of the regions devastated by war/civil uprisin/ISIS etc?

I ask because you seem to talk with a certain air of authority about it so I only assume you have had feet on the ground to verify your claims contrary to the media who actually have correspondents in and around those areas?

Soldato

You do realize that in only 8 months IS murdered over 24,000 Iraqi civilians, the vast majority obviously being Muslims :confused:
Yeah I'm sure thousands upon thousands of Iraqis are 'quite happy' with them in charge :rolleyes:

Source = http://www.ohchr.org/Documents/Countries/IQ/UNAMI_OHCHR_POC_Report_FINAL_6July_10September2014.pdf

Soldato
Man of Honour
Looking at a video from the end when the police are shooting at the truck - so many bystanders just casually watching - I'd be quite concerned that with an event like that and a truck used like that whether it was also a giant bomb and get some distance. Respect to the police dealing with it at close range as I bet that concern was on their minds.

Back
Top Bottom