Week break in September

Soldato
Hello—

I've got a week off at the start of September and looking for a cheap solo break. Not travelled a huge amount so any suggestions would be great.

I like city breaks, museums, art culture and food.

Been considering Marachesh and Venice as it's still hot. Venice looks like it may too expensive for my budget though.

Caporegime
Me and the gf are hopefully going to Morocco.
Never been so can't comment but should be warm and most people say its great place

Was going to go to Turkey.. But.. You know...

Soldato
Venice is a little overrated tbh. But it can be done on a budget so I wouldn't worry about that. Marakech is cool but not sure about going as a solo traveller, simply because it's not the kind of place you can meet other travellers easily and go have a drink etc.

Both places you'll struggle to keep yourself entertained for a week.

I'd recommend Vienna. You can tie it in with Bratislava basically for free and there's plenty of art, museums, culture and stuff to do for a week.

Soldato
Marrakech is good, weather will be nice and there's the old town/souks (although the sellers are a pain in the ****), There's some nice restaurants and bars int he new town as well, although I think a week would be too long.

I'm off to Prague myself beginning of September, heard lots of good things about it.

Associate
I would get bored in Venice for a whole week, personally i would break that up by visiting other parts of northern Italy but that of course would be more expensive. I also had the privilege of visiting Marakech whilst i working for a travel magazine and i found it to be very unimpressive, i wouldn't go again.

Rome would be good. Cheap accommodation, cheap food and a million things to see and do.

Krakow, very cheap so plenty of scope to go out eating and drinking and meeting other travelers. Also Auschwitz is a very sobering and worthwhile place to visit, the salt mines are also pretty interesting. Many describe it as what prague was like a decade ago.

Soldato
Budapest. cheap as chips but amazing

will be high teens maybe breaking into 20 + degrees if you are lucky

loads to see and do, modern and historical, Guns if thats your thing
and some absolutely amazing food

Caporegime
Budapest. cheap as chips but amazing

this^^^

Budapest is probably the best value of the European options

Plenty of culture, architecture since it was one of two Capital cities of the old Austria/Hungarian empire - 100 year old Ottoman/Turkish spas, Castles on the Buda side of the river, a big gothic Parliament building, second oldest underground system in the world (behind London), museums and an old Jewish quarter containing some decent bars/ruin pubs.

Plus it will be warn in September still + the local girls are generally easy on the eye.... standard outfit for them in warm weather seems to be vest, very short shorts and flip flops... :)

Last edited:

N17

N17

Permabanned
Failing Rhyl, there is always the North Norfolk coast, Cromer, Sheringham and Blakeney are superb

Back
Top Bottom