Retro console and games thread

Soldato
Its not the same as buying and original console but Nintendo are releasing a mini NES with 30 reinstalled games called Nintendo Classic Mini.

It connects to your TV via HDMI and even comes with that classic NES pad, which can also be used with your Wii or Wii U. You can also use a Classic Controller or Classic Controller Pro on the system for two-player action, but the new NES pad will be sold separately as well.

CI_Nintendo_Classic_Mini_NES_PS_Announcement_MS7_im.jpg

Balloon Fight
BUBBLE BOBBLE
Castlevania
Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr.
DOUBLE DRAGON II: THE REVENGE
Dr. Mario
Excitebike
FINAL FANTASY
Galaga
GHOSTS’N GOBLINS
GRADIUS
Ice Climber
Kid Icarus
Kirby’s Adventure
Mario Bros.
MEGA MAN 2
Metroid
NINJA GAIDEN
PAC-MAN
Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream
StarTropics
SUPER C
Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Bros. 3
TECMO BOWL
The Legend of Zelda
Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

Good Idea , but Nintendo only has 30 games. Not worth it imho

I have my own NES Raspberry Pi 3 with every single NES game ever made. Plus PSOne, N64, SNES, Megadrive, DC ,PC Engine...list goes on and on.

Think I'll stay with my Raspberry PI

nes1.jpg

nes2.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Will be interesting to see whats actually inside when people start busting it open.

Could be a custom made Raspberry Pi 3 by 3rd party but licensed by Nintendo.

Given the Wii controller compatibility I wouldn't be surprised if there are Wii components so that they can take advantage of their existing VC stuff.

The NES Pi case is really good. :cool:

Soldato
OK, found a decently priced SNES, 2 pads, 2 games, power supply and an aerial cable?

How does a SNES hook up with this? or just on the back of the console? I have an RF adapter unless I need a specific one?

Sorry no idea about SNES cables.

My RF adapter is labeled SEGA, but works on my Commodore 64 through the aerial.

http://www.the-liberator.net/site-f...ve-Genesis/Sega-Mega-Drive-Genesis-PAL017.JPG

This is what I have. Wire from the RF label is a male aerial connection, the wire from the TV label goes to female aerial connection

EDIT: Bought it, £45, too good to pass up! just need a SNES white/red/yellow cable and im sorted.

Last edited:
Soldato
Good Idea , but Nintendo only has 30 games. Not worth it imho

I have my own NES Raspberry Pi 3 with every single NES game ever made. Plus PSOne, N64, SNES, Megadrive, DC ,PC Engine...list goes on and on.

Think I'll stay with my Raspberry PI

nes1.jpg

nes2.jpg

I have heard of raspberry pi before but never really sure what it was? Looks cool though!

Soldato
All this Pokémon Go talk has got me playing my GBM Ruby version but I'm getting tempted to go back to basics and get 'Fire Red' or 'Lead Green' which is a rerelease of Red and Blue, I.e. the original 150 pokemon. However they're selling at £20+ ATM on ebay, and some of them are even fakes. is this their normal price or is it a bit inflated ATM cos of Go?

Also what is the difference between fake and genuine? I know the genuine has an MX chip but in terms of gameplay is anything different?

Man of Honour
^^

I'm collecting for PS3, probably just the European exclusives and maybe some of the games that were exclusive to consoles as well.

I think I'm going to try for a complete PlayStation Final Fantasy set too, across all three generations.

Back
Top Bottom