Civilization VI

Associate
I don't know, I love the civ games but after playing 5 then paying 50 upfront for that last sim city game. I just don't think they can push these old games anymore. All it is is a bit more paint I will get it if the reviews are amazing or when it is cheap.

Civ is Firaxis published and owned by 2k.

SimCity is Maxis published and owned by EA.

I think Civ has shown it is more than just a skin from iteration to iteration, and is separate from the mistakes EA/Maxis made with sim city.

Associate
China - Great Wall is now a tile improvement & not a Wonder? Interesting. I'll miss it since its been been there the original Civ but it does make sense logically & actually sounds pretty cool.

So far it's all sounding rather good, fingers crossed that it won't arrive in the mess Civ IV & V did.

I think Civ has shown it is more than just a skin from iteration to iteration, and is separate from the mistakes EA/Maxis made with sim city.

I agree. The Social Policy style play is much more than a lick of paint.

Caporegime
Damn i was just going to start looking for pre order sites but then i got thinking.

Why bother?

What do we gain this time ? Map or what?

Wheres the cheapest "all included" pre order these days ?

Soldato
Damn i was just going to start looking for pre order sites but then i got thinking.

Why bother?

What do we gain this time ? Map or what?

Wheres the cheapest "all included" pre order these days ?

There doesn't seem to be any kind of in game extra for pre-ordering*. There is also a digital deluxe edition that includes all the DLC, but the cheaper placed don't seem to sell that.

*edit - actually just seen once place selling it saying "Pre-Order to receive early access to the Aztec Civilization Pack! (which will then be available to everyone else in 90 days)

Last edited:
Permabanned
I quite like the China video, but after the last Civ, I doubt I will preorder, first time I'm not preordering this game when you could.

Civ 5 was just such a disappointment.

Soldato
OP
Eagle Warriors sound really awesome turning defeated units into workers. Must admit though I'm going to miss the Montezuma screen from Civ 5.

Soldato
OP
Associate
Just watched a review of the first civ game, which I played so much when I was a kid, and they need to re-add the ability to build your own palace with different styles, it was great upgrading my cave to some monstrosity.

Associate
Catherine de Medici as ruler of France is utterly preposterus. Firstly, she was Queen Consort, i.e. married to the King. She was for a time regent, but never the actual ruler. Secondly, France has had a long history of powerful and famous rulers who would have been far more suitable.

Picking a woman for the sake of it.

Associate
I am looking forward to this and it seems they've made some major changes. I hope it plays well.

I loved Civ V which was great.

Soldato
OP
There are definitely other suitable people to lead France but I think Catherine de' Medici a good pick. She was one of the most powerful women (if not the most) in Europe during the 1500s. I'd imagine someone like the Cersei character from Game of Thrones has a lot of inspiration from her. I'm glad they've made France lean towards a spy/espionage civilisation as she was very shady so it fits well.

Associate
Can't wait for this game, a day one purchase for me.
Although, has anyone seen - Vox Populi: A Community Patch Project for Civ V? This has been going for years and is complete. I doubt even Civ VI will beat this on its release date.

Permabanned
Just watched a review of the first civ game, which I played so much when I was a kid, and they need to re-add the ability to build your own palace with different styles, it was great upgrading my cave to some monstrosity.

Nah, bring back the advisors from CIV2!

Although we'd probably get characters from Sesame Street to coincide with the theme of the game.

Soldato
They need to bring back unit stacking, but to a lesser degree. At least let a ranged unit stack ontop of a melee for protection. Becomes difficult to hold chokepoints late game if it's all hill/mountain with a narrow entrance, because a lot of late game ranged only have 2 tile range and hills drop that to one, and when they're sat behind your melee/tank unit they can't do anything.

Back
Top Bottom