• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

SAPPHIRE RX 480 NITRO NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (WORLD FIRST) !!!

Soldato
Yeah not sure why anyone grumbles when they pre-order. Throw toys out pram moments? They often get delayed and similar and people just need to be patient, it is hardly the be all/end all that a lot on here seem to view it as.

Caporegime
Yeah not sure why anyone grumbles when they pre-order. Throw toys out pram moments? They often get delayed and similar and people just need to be patient, it is hardly the be all/end all that a lot on here seem to view it as.

I can understand it personally. If they are anything like me, I hate waiting with a passion for anything and will pay over the top to avoid waiting as well. That is my fault of course but some have no GPU to game (although it has been far too hot to game the last couple of days) and those I can really sympathise with more so than people like me.

Permabanned
It's a sad situation for the 480 and more proof that AMD's downturn is of there own making.
They need to rethink there strategy or maybe just sack some of the decision makers and get cooler heads on board.

Soldato
I can understand it personally. If they are anything like me, I hate waiting with a passion for anything and will pay over the top to avoid waiting as well. That is my fault of course but some have no GPU to game (although it has been far too hot to game the last couple of days) and those I can really sympathise with more so than people like me.

Yeah I understand that if you have no GPU to game on at all but the real world does happen and so if things are delayed by weeks or a month then saying oh I am going to cancel and get this instead when you are now compromising seems a little strange to me.

If your GPU breaks and you can't game for say 3 weeks while it is sent off then you would be in the same place. Having an older spare to get you through the time as well is always a good option where possible or borrow one from a friend.

I lent one my 980's to a mate for 2 months when his card stopped for instance cause at least then we can both game :)

Associate
It's a sad situation for the 480 and more proof that AMD's downturn is of there own making.
They need to rethink there strategy or maybe just sack some of the decision makers and get cooler heads on board.

It's a bad thing the card was so popular they had to divert chips bound for AIB cards to fill back orders? The 1080 still hasn't completely got over its stock problems yet either and that launched before the 480. I really don't get your problem...

Back
Top Bottom