CS:GO Discussion

Associate
Good games tonight lads :).

Yes they were, thoroughly enjoyable. My last was pretty poor but I was carried a bit :p
Sorry I didn't catch you chap. You were in a game when I logged in.

Joined another bunch of mates at LE rank and for a nice 20 frags which also mean I ranked up. Woohoo gn4 now. Can't believe the de rank for lack of.activiry.

Nice!! No worries mate will be on again tonight.

I should be around again this evening from 7pm, was a good bunch of games last night.

Me too, was really good with a pre-made :)

Associate
I started playing CS GO about 2 weeks ago. Really enjoying it and got to rank 8 and a half now. I had never played any of the CS games and my multiplayer FPS days go back to Quake 2 in the late 90s.

My question is, what's the deal with the Operation Wildfire maps? I only realised it was a temporary thing once they vanished a couple of days ago. Some of those were my favourite maps and I am left full of questions...

Are they still downloadable and playable? How do you find servers running them?

What is the point in removing such great content from a game?

Do they release similar temporary content often or was this a one off thing?

Also I read that there was a season pass you could get during operation wildfire and some more content assiciated to that. Was that also online multiplayer or some sort of single player campaign?

Operations are basically a limited time DLC thing that lasts a few months. The maps are community made and are always available from the steam workshop, or to play on community servers. The operation just lets you play them on valve official servers.
They run fairly frequently see here (image is missing : Wildfire Feb 17th 2016 - July 17th 2016):
SzhY7kp.jpg

For the first few operations paying used to allow you to access the operation maps but this has changed in the recent ones so that everyone can play them.

When you purchase the operation you get a coin in your inventory that you can level up by doing certain tasks in the operation, usually so many kills with a certain weapon on a certain map for example. In the older operations there used to also be an amount of time played or competitive wins criteria to level up your coin.

You get access to the operations case to drop for you, which in the first few weeks can usually earn you the money back you spent on the operation in the first place if you sell it on the community market ;)

Money from the operation is split between valve and the map makers.

In the last operation there was a co-op campaign with custom maps for you and a friend to fight through which was a lot of fun.

On a further note you can buy older operation passes on the market, but this WILL NOT give you access to the expired operations, only the bronze coin for it.

Sorry I'm not so great at explaining so let me know if you want me to clear anything up more.

Last edited:
Associate
What's best for the vertical sync setting?

I have a simple 60hz 1440p monitor is double or triple buffer worth using or just have it set to the standard on?

Also followed the advise on here from a few pages back, after 10+ years of playing FPS with a dpi/sens setting so high I could use mouse mat the size as a crisp packet to now using all of a Steelseries heavy mat and it's made a massive difference.

Last edited:
Soldato
I finally worked out a big reason why I was struggling so much.
Had mouse acceleration turned on in windows10.

Turned it off and I'm doing so much better.
Found it really hard to get headshots especially with the AK.
Just played deathmatch and almost every kill was a headshot :D

Still only got 3 competitive wins, but I'm still learning

Still cant use a AWM properly but I'm having lots of fun with the scout.

If anybody wants to play with a noob here is a link
http://steamcommunity.com/id/matt_racing/

I added a couple of you guys from the links in the thread :)

Sent you a Steam friend invite too. As a fellow noob you won't need to worry about me showing you up any :)

My profile is Intercourse the Penguin, btw, if anyone else feels like adding a noob...

Associate
Operations are basically a limited time DLC thing that lasts a few months. The maps are community made and are always available from the steam workshop, or to play on community servers. The operation just lets you play them on valve official servers.
They run fairly frequently see here (image is missing : Wildfire Feb 17th 2016 - July 17th 2016):
SzhY7kp.jpg

For the first few operations paying used to allow you to access the operation maps but this has changed in the recent ones so that everyone can play them.

When you purchase the operation you get a coin in your inventory that you can level up by doing certain tasks in the operation, usually so many kills with a certain weapon on a certain map for example. In the older operations there used to also be an amount of time played or competitive wins criteria to level up your coin.

You get access to the operations case to drop for you, which in the first few weeks can usually earn you the money back you spent on the operation in the first place if you sell it on the community market ;)

Money from the operation is split between valve and the map makers.

In the last operation there was a co-op campaign with custom maps for you and a friend to fight through which was a lot of fun.

On a further note you can buy older operation passes on the market, but this WILL NOT give you access to the expired operations, only the bronze coin for it.

Sorry I'm not so great at explaining so let me know if you want me to clear anything up more.

Thanks for the thorough answers :)

Looking forward to the next operation!

I'm also having a go at map design. I used to make maps for Quake 2 using an editor called Worldcraft 1.6, which became an editor for Half Life (Worldcraft 2), which it seems Valve bought and renamed to Hammer, and is still the editor for CS:GO, so it all looked very familiar when I started the SDK :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Four of us all in a lobby with Prime accounts and a friend who keeps brushing off the whole "Prime" account thing joins... We have a huge debate and even say this will be the last game we play with him until he decides to Prime his account... well well well one of them is spin botting whilst the others spam weird hacking sites.. I'm actually happy it's kind of a told you so moment :cool::p

Soldato

A clip from a random MM game today. 2nd round CT eco on Cache vs T buy.

8 weeks into GO, I'm starting to get the hang of it :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom