Summer Transfer Window 2016/17 - Rumours & Signings

Don
There has been some talk that we're after him actually :p

We need a proper centre mid though, somebody that can sit in a 4-2-3-1 formation. We've got enough midfielders but like Sissoko they're mostly suited to playing in a 3 man midfield.

Man of Honour
Mourinho has just been asked about it:

“I don't confirm and I don't deny (that we have agreed to sign Pogba),” Mourinho said. “I cannot tell.

“First of all, because I don't think it’s correct to speak about players from other clubs. He's a Juventus player not a Manchester United player.

“We have three players to fill that profile. I am really confident that Mr Woodward and the owners will bring me that profile of player.

"The only thing I can say is that my board, my directors, did a fantastic job to do 75 per cent of the job I asked them to do.

"I asked them for four profiles of players, I gave them a few options and they did for me 75 per cent of the job and we just have 25 per cent to do before August 31.

"So we are in a great position to do what I consider will be a great market for us.

"So we are calm, and I am really confident Mr Woodward will get the profile of player we need to get a good balance."

Pretty standard response.

Man of Honour
Dont really know how I feel about Wiljnadum signing, he strikes me as a real hot and cold player and I just dont want players who will get a strop on when things arent going well and down tools. Also, how many damned attacking midfielders do we need, we have a stupid amount of them now, especially with Grujic impressing in the friendlies so far. Hopefully I will be proven wrong.

Soldato
Soldato
It's fortunate that the players we were targeting weren't involved in the Euros. Well except Ibra, but him being unattached made that easier.

Then of course there is the fact that we finished well below our target and have a new manager, of course we're going to be doing more business than a club that has the same manager and achieved it's target.

Every man and his dog knows that Arsenal have needed a top class CB and striker for at least a couple of years now. I would imagine most other managers in this situation would remedy it ASAP rather than dragging it out so long that any potential targets either move or get new contracts instead.

If I was Wenger i'd throw money at Griezmann, there's no way they'd be able to reject a huge offer. It wouldn't take much to improve our defense as Mert will be in reverse speed wise this year and i'm not impressed by Gabriel at all. Ashley Williams would be a massive improvement for not a lot and i'm sure there are loads better available.

Last edited:
Caporegime
How come other clubs are able to get their transfer business done and yet Arsenal and Mr Wenger find it so hard year on year?

Bargain basement sale for Arsenal and Wenger.

Icardi supposedly met with Arsenal today.

Not sure if he's any good, looking at his stats for last yr...pretty much on par with Le donkeys stats.

Icardi isn't someone I'll be getting excited over :/.

And supposedly isn't exactly awe inspiring. I think him and the missus, who is his agent are just in London on holiday. Don't think we will see Icardi in an Arsenal shirt.

Man of Honour
Mino Raiola ‏@MinoRaiola
There is no deal done regarding Paul Pogba, lots of bla bla bla.

Said the same sort of things about Zlatan just before he joined.

Just his large agent fee holding things up now, apparently...

Back
Top Bottom