Inside City 40: Russia's secret nuclear paradise city...

Caporegime
Absolutely fascinating and horrifying in equal measures, this story reads like some kind of dystopian Science-fiction B movie or computer game (Fallout, anyone?). Just when you thought the world couldn't get any crazier or more screwed up, Russia steps up and hits a home run with a secret and well protected 'idyllic' city of brainwashed people planted in the 1940s to further a nuclear weapons programs, who are now all dying of radiation and yet seem happy to do so. If the mass dumping of radioactive material is also true, with the equivalent if 4x the contamination of Chenille dumped into the Atlantic over the last 60 or so years, then little wonder it has remained such a closely guarded secret. Truly crazy guano. :eek:

Read about it here https://www.theguardian.com/cities/...-secret-nuclear?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Facebook

Soldato
"Seen my transdimensional mauler scamper by, Grisha?"
"Sure did, Vassya. At six o'clock it chowed down on Zinaida Ivanovna, took all my happy shrooms and is now teleporting the Commandant between Lake Death and the main reactor. Better hurry."
"Well I be damned! It's gonna be a long night, Grisha... I can feel it."
"Hey, at least krovyanka here's top notch!"
"Sure is."
"Godspeed."

Associate
"Seen my transdimensional mauler scamper by, Grisha?"
"Sure did, Vassya. At six o'clock it chowed down on Zinaida Ivanovna, took all my happy shrooms and is now teleporting the Commandant between Lake Death and the main reactor. Better hurry."
"Well I be damned! It's gonna be a long night, Grisha... I can feel it."
"Hey, at least krovyanka here's top notch!"
"Sure is."
"Godspeed."

Far too early. :p

Soldato
Far too early. :p

Shush, you didn't pay attention! In City 40, the clock always lies. But it's the only one they have.

Next episode: Vassya discovers the Commandant's fate; sanities are strained; realities warped. Will our brave hero taste sweet Pertsovka again? Find out, as Mayak's radioactive heart goes critical!

Back
Top Bottom