Bacon...in an air fryer?

Soldato
Anyone got any tips on cooking bacon in an air fryer, such as the Phillips HD9220? Methods of suspending it, times etc? Looking for a quick and nasty way of cooking bacon for sarnies. It cooks chips, chicken legs and the like absolutely perfectly, so I imagine bacon must be possible, as long as you can set it up right.

Was thinking about using skewers to suspend several rashers above the bottom of the basket, or even do it without the basket in place for more room if I can rig a way of pulling the main tray out without the handle. Would rather not have to buy the official add ons for this cooker, as they seem to cost an arm and a leg.

If anyone has tried this about found it ruins the bacon, that would also be useful info.

Soldato
Just put some foil on the grill put bacon on cook for 4 mins per side ish take off put in sarny throw foil away and ur grill area is still clean (hopefully). ;)

No need for airfrier as ull have to clean the fat up after.

Soldato
Just put some foil on the grill put bacon on cook for 4 mins per side ish take off put in sarny throw foil away and ur grill area is still clean (hopefully). ;)

No need for airfrier as ull have to clean the fat up after.

I thought I was the only person who did this :)

Soldato
OP
Well I gave it a go. 10 minutes at 200°C. Turned out just as good as frying or grilling, with the advantage of being able to do a whole packet in one go, and easy collection of the fat in the tray for easy cleaning. I am probably mental but now thinking of taking my Dremel to the basket to make 4 holes in the sides for better spacing of the skewers so it stretches out more. These air fryers really are a godsend for lazy sods like me.

20160723_204514_zpsmqdlfspd.jpg

20160723_205934_zpsus4ge46z.jpg

Soldato
I've done bacon in a microwave a few times when i've been in a rush and i've not wanted to deal with the mess of a grill pan etc but it lacks that crispiness, which lets face it, is why you're getting stuck into bacon in the first place!

Soldato
OP
Probably no less hassle than a grill, but pan frying? I'd like to see someone fry a whole packet of 8 rashers in one go in a frying pan, with no splatter whatsoever getting anywhere. Anyway, once you get an air fryer you will literally look and anything and say "I wonder if I could air fry that?"

Back
Top Bottom