4 day UK break in UK (Pregnant Fiancee in tow)

Soldato
Wales or the Scottish coast would be my suggestion, Scottish school holidays ends mid August so usually slightly cheaper. Rent a little cottage for a few days and chill with a real fire near the beach, that's what we do :)

Associate
OP
She'll be popping by then!

Yes...yes she will :-/

Coupled with the fact that shes just been told she has Gestational Diabetes...i think we maybe pushing it a tad with 4 weeks to go...

So now im thinking no more than 2.5hr-3hr drive away as many people have said and weve discussed this...its perhaps not a good idea to go too far..

So now im thinking Brighton area for the sea, Cotswolds...for relaxing but i was thinking somewhere with a jacuzzi as we will both need to relax before the little one arrives.

Associate
OP
If it's going to rain (which it probably is) go for a nice cabin in the woods. Warm rain in the forest is seriously relaxing. Nice hot tub, walks in the fresh green air. Can't beat it.

Starting to think this...as i look out the window and see the sunshine, i always forget August Bank Hols usually rains :(

Soldato
How about the Norfolk Broads or the canals? Just gently cruising around on a canal boat. That way she'll get to see the sights without doing anything, and if anything should happen, you'll be close enough to civilisation.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
So now im thinking Brighton area for the sea, Cotswolds...for relaxing but i was thinking somewhere with a jacuzzi as we will both need to relax before the little one arrives.

Jacuzzi/Saunas are a no no for pregnant women :(

Stick to something local and flat! Cotswolds would be nice, as long as you're near to a hospital with a maternity unit you will be fine ;) make sure she takes her notes with her wherever you go!

BB x

Associate
OP
Jacuzzi/Saunas are a no no for pregnant women :(

Stick to something local and flat! Cotswolds would be nice, as long as you're near to a hospital with a maternity unit you will be fine ;) make sure she takes her notes with her wherever you go!

BB x

I see, never knew a jacuzzi wouldnt be good for a pregnant lady...Sauna yes.

Cotswold i think makes the most sense so far.

Caporegime
Before people turn their noses up you might want to try Butlins Skegness. I was busy doing our bathroom last summer so had no funds for the usual two weeks abroad and we needed a short weekend break after spending two weeks on the bathroom. On a whim we booked a long weekend break and was pleasantly surprised. Food was good, staff were fantastic and entertainment was good. Only problem for us was weather was rubbish but as there was plenty to do inside it wasn't that bad. Our daughter loved it immensely.

Caporegime
How about going a different way about it.

Go look at a few cottage rental websites and see if you can find a really nice cottage with a great view/Jacuzzi etc. Then see what's around that area and book the best cottage with something reasonable nearby.

I'm guessing there isn't going to be much wandering around so most of the time will be spend indoors.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
I see, never knew a jacuzzi wouldnt be good for a pregnant lady...Sauna yes.

Cotswold i think makes the most sense so far.

It's the heat element mainly and the higher risk of feeling faint from it.

Somewhere that could do pregnancy massages might be a shout - but check with them for sure before you book.

BB x

Back
Top Bottom